Chapter 11 Pt. 2

Meanwhile, not too far away within the confinements of the dark realm, other demons had set their course in the anticipated event of acquiring the coveted sword from the guides, a serious undertaking when considered what was involved.

Valefor, who remained in his quarters, had his own guest stop in for a visit and Warrick didn't wait for an invitation as he strode in with a light gait. He took his time taking a seat as his eyes studied the confounding expression written all over Valefor's face.

"What is it, Warrick? I see you are healed up from the nymph's rage, ready for another round?"

"Valefor, Lahash made some comments to me as if to elude that there is more to this big plan."

Valefor's quarters, much like the other demons, were dark and stone grey with each having its own fireplace. Valefor walked quite a bit away to move from Warrick, standing in front of his fireplace. "What would that be?" his hands were behind his back and his eyes were still on the raging fire in the wall.

"Well, he asked if I ever imagined that things would not go my way or things would go back to the way they were. I didn't know what to make of that." Warrick leaned forward in his chair, his long beard nearly brushing the cold stone floor.

"I wouldn't worry much with Lahash. You know how he is, always playing head games. I guess you seem to forget he really hates you; he hates everyone. So, what of it." Valefor turned to walk toward his table where a large brass pitcher sat with only one small goblet next to it. He kept one hand behind his back while he poured himself a drink and his eyes peered over the glass as he took a sip.

"Valefor, I have been made to understand that the plan is for me to continue my rein in Etheria, as things were. Meridian will be destroyed, and Caius will not return, however, with my absence, leaves things vulnerable now. Charity can call for more council members to take the places of myself and Brennan and no doubt she will. My place will be taken away, not to mention that what Lahash says it should worry me."

"The plan is the plan, we protect your position in Etheria. We will take out the other council members. The damage control to those in Etheria will be on you to tackle. I warned you before those demons will only do so much to help you when you return."

Warrick, unsatisfied with Valefor's answer, left his quarters and just as he was exiting into the grand hallway, he saw Lahash carrying Echo in his arms with Astaroth smugly at his side. The two of them moved together, and despite making eye contact with Warrick, they kept to their selves as if he didn't exist at all.

As the pair on a mission moved, Warrick's eyes widened with shock to see a fairy nymph in such a state and coming down the very private hall of the dark realm where no other being besides a demon was ever allowed to go.

"What is going on?" Warrick shouted out as they passed by him.

Astaroth, turned and looked over her right shoulder at Etheria's hated leader and said, "This is none of your concern. All you need to know is by doing what we are secures your ranks and position."

Just as quick as she was to feed Warrick the lie as she walked, she snapped her head back and continued at Lahash's side. Wisps of her long blonde hair danced around her face with the breeze accompanied by such a swift gate, giving Astaroth an almost human appearance as she marched on.

Warrick muttered to himself, "I see why Aiden had no idea now, what would they be doing with Echo? Valefor would be interested to know about this."

Before another word could be muttered from Warrick, the door of Valefor's chamber swung open, and Valefor said, "No I couldn't care less what he does with that nymph as so long as in the end things are as they should be. Get back to your chambers Warrick, you will need all the energy you can muster."

Meanwhile, Lahash and Astaroth made it to Lahash's chambers, and they marched straight into a vacant spot to lay Echo. Demons didn't sleep. However, some had tastes that required the use of a bed from time to time. Astaroth made it back to where Lahash kept lair so to speak.

"I see you still have the same setup, don't you?" Astaroth stood with her arms crossed staring at the center of the bed where the demonic escapades played out in her mind.

Lahash set Echo down in the space where Astaroth gazed over. "Now is not the time for nostalgia. I need some things for her. I do not know if being removed from iron will be enough." Lahash stared at the nymph who still lay unconscious.

Astaroth turned to leave but stopped in her tracks and said, "If she does manage to regain her power, it will be you that she tries to take out first. Despite the fact that I am helping you to get her back to health, I will not defend you when she does."

Astaroth continued to leave to gather the needed things for Echo, leaving Lahash speechless as he stood next to his prisoner.