Chapter 9 Pt 2

Across the realms, in the darkest one of them all, had quite the havoc left upon them to come back from. Moloch remained trapped between the dimensions from Karma's work, Pyro dead and now Valefor and Astaroth felt vulnerable. The only demon who seemed to be immune from the showdown was Lahash who relished in a near stupor with arrogance.

As they all sat amongst one another, the rage from within permeated the atmosphere. They could slice the tension with a knife, leaving no words spoken, not even from boisterous Lahash who quietly enjoyed seeing the happenings to everyone else apart from him.

Astorath remained in rare form, sneering and raging as she stared at Lahash, who lifted his eyebrow and gave a smirk to the demoness. "What's the matter? Missing your boyfriend? Don't be jealous because I managed to keep my Echo. That is all this is, you are just jealous." Lahash said.

Astaroth stood up from her chair, wincing her eyes and throwing back her draping dress to clear a pathway for a quick stomping toward the cocky demon. "Shut up Lahash. Your time will come, and that nymph will surely turn on you, and you will pay." She stood over Lahash pointing her index finger straight into his face.

Lahash offered not a bit of a response. However, the dark one who had remained silent rattled the walls with his baritone voice.

"No more of this!" The dark one hissed.

Astaroth backed away from Lahash and seated herself with regal composure next to Valefor who didn't offer a response of his own. The dark one continued his address of what was left of his high court.

"We have work to do. Lahash, now that the nymphs and the others have escaped, you will continue your work with Echo until she breaks and submits to your will. The other nymphs will not hold all their power while they are missing an element. Their journey for the quartz sword will not be easy, they all will be vulnerable."

The dark one did not take any pause when he gave out his orders. "Lahash, you are in charge; you carry my orders. Allow them to acquire the Quartz Sword, when the time comes, you will destroy the nymphs. You will return the sword here to the dark realm. It will ensure our protection when we take Etheria and destroy the hall of souls. Valefor will take the Keepers' power and all of this, and I mean all of this will be put to an end. "

No lectures, no remarks toward Warrick. Though his message remained direct, it was odd that he did not lecture anyone, nor take measures to find Moloch. With hesitance, they all rose from their seats to leave the meeting room.