Chapter 24 Pt. 2

Meanwhile, Tallulah walked out of the front door with Stephanie. "Sure thing Stephanie, she said she would be at work today. So, I will tell her you came by." Then her eyes landed on Aiden. "Oh, hey Aiden, did you forget something last night? Here come on in."

Aiden froze with just one foot out of his truck. Hearing Tallulah say his name in recognition made his heart stop before fluttering a million times in his chest, driving his raced breathing. He followed Tallulah into the house, never having said anything, with his legs shaking so hard he barely could walk.

As Tallulah paraded around as nothing ever happened, she stopped at the foot of the staircase. She shouted, "Aiden is here, did he forget his wallet again?" Tallulah left and went to the kitchen.

Aiden's eyes nearly popped out of his head, and he grabbed his back pockets. There wasn't a wallet, and after a quick round of patting his front pockets, he realized he had nothing in his pockets.

His heart still pounded and thumped into his chest, and his breathing was raced. He froze at the thought of looking up the stairs.

"What if it isn't Meridian, is it Amy? This is still so weird to me. I am afraid to look. What if it is Meridian when I met her? What if it Meridian as a spirit guide?"

He tightened his eyes shut as he stood still. Tallulah was in the kitchen, rustling around with dishes. She hummed one of his favorite songs that the bands used to play at Stephanie's bar.

He let out a sigh and opened his eyes. He looked up the stairs and there she was.

Meridian crept downstairs. She was just as he remembered her last when she laid in the hospital bed. Long, flaxen hair, bright green eyes, and a smile to light up the room. With each step, her pace quickened, and her smile became more vibrant.

Aiden's shoulders dropped; his chest softened with the last bit of breath he was holding in his chest. He extended his hand out, and Meridian grabbed it and pulled him outside.

"Aiden?"

"Was it a dream?" His voice was rushed with excitement.

"How can we have the same dream?" Meridian watched Tallulah walk out of the door to get into her car. She shouted out, "Tallulah, what day is it?"

"Boy, you two need to get to bed earlier, it is Friday. You know, spring break is ending. I know Aiden must get off to school soon, so you two need to slow down. I know that minor car wreck we had you hit your heads, but I can't imagine it doing that much damage." Tallulah shook her head and got into her car that had a small dent in the front.

Meridian ran to the car. "Tallulah, was that all the damage to the car? Where were we going?"

Tallulah stepped back out of the car and raised her hand to shield her eyes from the morning sun. "Meridian, now you are worrying me. Yes, minimal damage. It was raining, I dropped my coffee and slid off the road and hit an old tree. We all had very slight injuries. Esmra was the only one it didn't do a thing to. We were on our way to a small festival. You were the ones who just begged to go. Of course, we never made it, but it was some gothic festival. For some reason, you both thought Esmra and I would just love it. We didn't think it would be that great, but we said we would take you."

Aiden squinted his eyes. "What about Chris? Why didn't I take my truck?"

Tallulah left her car and walked over in deep suspicion. "Chris took your truck back to the school, he said he needed to get back early, you told him you would find a way back to school, but he returned it and his girlfriend followed him back to the campus. Are you sure you are all right?"

Meridian put her hand on her shoulder. "Yes, he is giving you a tough time, aren't you Aiden?" Meridian nudged him to agree.

"Yeah, sorry, Tallulah, I remember, just checking on you is all." Aiden said reluctantly.

Tallulah shook her head, "Well, I am going to run some errands, I hope when I get back the two of you aren't acting so strange."

Tallulah drove off and left the pair in her front yard alone, or they thought they were alone.

"I asked the angel for you to have this life again, but I never asked to come back.... I ..." Meridian was interrupted by the site of familiar faces.