Chapter 6 Pt3

Astaroth stopped in her tracks and looked downward, cutting her eyes over her shoulder, barely looking back at Warrick. He picked up his gait, coming closer to her while she maintained her statuesque composure, not giving anything away. "Warrick, what is it you want?"

Warrick stood directly behind Astaroth, lowering his voice into a whisper. "These cold stone hallways echo secrets untold, don't they? How we all have our little secrets." He brought his hand up to her shoulder and squeezed. "You want the boy; I need Meridian gone, and the dark one's demon soldiers will take care of my problem, but you have a little of a different idea for your company you keep. The dark one will have to release him soon, whatever will you do?"

Astaroth snapped around and leaned forward, inches in front of Warrick's face. Her calm demeanor left for a hasty passion, defense exploding under the surface. Her jaw locked tight as she gritted her teeth. "What is it you want!" she shouted.

"I want you to help me. Lahash is a wild card, he already has what he wants, and that is Echo. I want to ensure my return to Etheria. I want Charity extinguished right along with Chance. I want you to return to Etheria with me, as one of Etheria's new council members." Warrick said.

"Never, I will go nowhere with you!" Astaroth said.

Warrick smiled, "You can take Aiden with you, he will be at your side for eternity, with a simple agreement."

Astaroth pulled her head back from Warrick and stepped away. Without a word, she walked away while Warrick's words echoed through the dark and grand hallway. "I will be here when you change your mind," Warrick said and disappeared.