Chapter 20 Pt2

His mind traveled back to the day he held Luna as a prisoner, and the nymphs showed up to distract him. "You made a mistake ever giving to me what you all did the time you broke Luna out of the dark realm, it did not defeat or hurt me, it made me want more." He leaned back in and forced his lips on hers, where heavy breathing from Lahash was audible as he fought the nymph from release.

Echo broke her lips away from his, "Lahash, stop!" Echo continued the struggle that led her to fall to the bed with the demon on top of her. After more of a battle between the pair, Lahash stopped and suddenly appeared across the room, off of Echo in a flash. He maintained his back to her, kept his head low while he ran his index finger and his thumb over the outline of his lips. He then ran his finger across his tongue and turned his head to cut his eyes back at Echo, who still sat on the bed in shock at what had just transpired.

"You taste good," Lahash smirked.

Echo arose from her position on the bed and grabbed him by the arm and jerked Lahash around so she could look at his eyes. "You stop this now! What just happened will never happen again! When do we leave!?" Echo marched away as if to look for her belongings to take with her.

"You won't need a thing not even your clothes. Calm down. What's the matter? Afraid you enjoyed it? Afraid that the humans you encounter don't hold a candle to something like me?" Lahash approached the angry nymph and placed his hand on her shoulder, which now Echo glared at out of the corner of her eye, but she made not a move to stop him or remove his hand.

A rough pounding at Lahash's door interrupted the fiery moment, "Lahash, it is Valefor, I am ready to go. I believe that Astaroth has left, more than likely headed for Earth for the boy. Hurry." Valefor's footsteps were audible but growing faint as he moved away from the door.

Lahash took Echo by the hand to escort her away, "Can I trust you?" he said.

Echo jerked her hand out of his gentle grasp, "No, you can't. Remember, I am a nymph. You may be a demon with your own agendas, but I am a fairy with my own. Once I am away from the dark realm, my powers will grow, and be wearier for what awaits you for what you have done to me."

Echo stomped off away from Lahash, and he allowed her to go on in front of him, and he smirked with enjoyment as he watched her walk away. He stood for just a few moments and watched her long legs take long strides, and he studied the way her curvy hips moved up and down with every swift scampering.

Feeling the demon eyes upon her, she stopped and stood still, "Are you coming?" Echo asked.

Without an answer, the pair left Lahash's quarters and caught up with Valefor, who had kept a slowed gait as he awaited the unlikely pair. With his hands clasped behind his back, his head was lowered and slightly turned as he listened to Echo's swift footsteps that took her past straight Valefor on their way to the unceremonious exit from the dark realm. Once she passed, his eyes followed her while Lahash arrived at his side.

"Fairy trouble Lahash?" Valefor's tone was light but provoking and backed with an embellished smile.

Lahash mirrored the demon duke's posture with his hands behind his back as though he wished to hide the well-known secret of his lust for the fiery fairy. ". How would there not be any trouble?" he snorted, gazing at the ball of energy outpacing him with her angry march.

"I hope you know what you are doing. I mean, the nymphs to most demons, even those of the high court would not engage such a creature without some necessity." Valefor said.

"Necessity? Yes, it is one. They have ordered me." Lahash tried to maintain a serious demeanor but failed in the company of one of the oldest demons at court.

"Please, do not waste my time with your feeble attempt to hide. This may be a demand for the dark one, but we all know that this demand you are taking too well. You are enjoying this task more than the last one. Would you rather be assigned to help Warrick again?"

Lahash's smile faded as he thought of Warrick. "Warrick has not a clue what he is in for, does he?"

Valefor lowered his eyes to the floor and studied the dark stone their feet brushed across until they all arrived to get ready to portal back to Earth. "I wouldn't worry much about anything else except what you are ordered to do," Valefor's eyes studied the Nymph that now stood in front of the pair, "Remember what your orders are, complete them to satisfaction, or it may mean a change for you."

Within moments the trio arrived back on Earth, to find their selves standing back in Tallulah's quaint town. They stepped through the heated portal, that quickly snapped shut as they all exited the portal. Lahash peeked over his shoulder as if he sensed something behind him after the demon portal disappeared.

Echo remained quite a distance from Lahash, struggling to not look at his dark eyes that always stared through her. As her large eyes fall on the demon who studied the area where the portal once stood, frozen in time her mind recalled the day that Warrick called for the big meeting, where Lahash studied her fondly at a time that she didn't feel an undisputable urge to get away from him.

Once their eyes met, Echo broke eye contact, and she lowered her eyes away while she fidgeted with her hands.