Chapter 4 Part 3

They shuffled through the dark realm, with hesitancy. Relic peered over the heads in front of him that was Kieren and Ridge. His eyes fell, examining Lotus's hand inside his. He gave her hand a firm squeeze.  He looked further behind him at Talon. "Okay man, this is your show, none of us trust Lahash. All we know is he wants Echo over here." Relic nodded nonchalantly toward Echo who continued to walk in grace, as though she didn't hear Relic's comment.

Echo, the Earthly elemental beauty she was, continued in her mild pace, different from that of her company. Her feet light, her shoulders back and her eyes full of conviction as she continued to ignore Relic. Venus took the opportunity to catch up with her sister and gave her a soft jab with her elbow. "So, any of this make you nervous? Going to the dark realm, to the demon who can't get enough of you?" Venus giggled.

Echo's lips twitched. "Oh, well, not really. He has taken to the glamour. I have spent a moment with the arrogant demon, and he is already on the hook. He doesn't seem to notice or care."

Relic interrupted, "Exactly what makes me nervous. He wants you back down here, for what? I can't see you two moving in together. How would that work? The dark realm doesn't seem to be your style, Echo." Relic hissed. "Can you imagine what holiday celebrations would be like? I can picture a party with a demon and a bunch of fairies." Relic felt a cold stare from Selena and stopped.

"Relic, this isn't the time." Luna snapped at Relic, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

Pramlee interrupted, "Why is there no sound? It is quiet?" 

Talon looked ahead. The path was a dark red, a faint light, just enough to see a couple of feet ahead. The sounds of the hardened dirt under their feet crunched, the air was heavy with silt giving off a smoky atmosphere. The group quieted down; only the sounds of their feet dragging remained audible. After several yards of walking, the audible drags of their feet dissipated. The atmosphere remained a dark crimson color and screams sounded off in the distance. Ridge and Kieren threw their arms up to stop everyone from continuing.

"What was that?" Ridge asked. 

Everyone began talking and questioning out loud. Once again, there was a scream. Ridge turned around and shouted to the cackling group. "Hush! Listen!"

Relic, of course, did not know the meaning of hush and said, "Oh great, here we go again. What do you think they will do this time? Who will they kidnap?" Relic snickered.

Ridge marched up to Relic and uncharacteristically grabbed Relic by the collar of his shirt and stood an inch from Relic's face. "Shut up and listen to me as you have never listened to anyone in your entire existence! Listen!"

Relic quieted, his eyes were as wide as plates, and his mouth hung open even more extensive. He softly moved to place his hand over Ridge's sturdy grip of his shirt. He moved Ridge's hand. "Okay, Ridge." Relic's face was still in shock.

Ridge turned to the group and said, "Look, Lahash is making this too easy, and we all know it. I have no reason to believe that he is going to tell us where Aiden is. Get this in your heads right now we are being watched, listened too, and this is a game. Be ready, be fierce, and remember like Talon said, remember who you are."

Ridge continued to lead the group further. Relic ducked down a bit, and he turned toward the back of the group where Talon and Orion were guarding as they walked. "What has gotten into him?"

Talon shook his head, "Shut up, Relic."

Their audible drags were now in silence, and the crusty hardened dirt gave away to a sleek floor, silver and shiny amidst the darkened atmosphere. As they continued, the environment began to lighten; there was no more heavy silt strewn through the air. Eyes could see beyond, and what emerged was a dark, long hallway that matched the floor.

Lotus brought her hand up to her head and said, "I don't feel well all of a sudden." Relic got in front of Lotus to check on her.

Luna stopped and leaned over, putting her hands on her knees. "I don't either, and I feel dizzy."

Selena collapsed. Orion rushed to his queen and kneeled beside her, placing his hand behind her head. "Are you okay? What is happening?"

Selena's breathing was ragged, and she struggled to take in air. Suddenly all the fairies except Karma had grown weak and collapsed. Selena's eyes strained to look over her shoulder to see the floor, then slowly her cat-like eyes scanned the walls. She could barely speak, struggling for air. "The... the... walls... floor."