Chapter 8 Last Part

While the twin souls were wrapped up in their own world apart from the reality of the dark forces that surrounded them, within the funnel that the nymphs were losing control over, Astaroth shouted. "No Aiden, it is a trap, do not believe that vile demon!"

Aiden's face furrowed, and he broke his eyes away from his true love. His blue eyes cut away from Meridian to survey the demoness locked within the nymphs funnel, then he brought his eyes back to the real Meridian, and he studied for her just a few moments, with a hint of hesitation. Meridian leaned into Aiden putting her face into his chest as she always did when they were together in their past life. She looked up at him and bought her arms upward she cradled his face in her hands as he lowered his face, his eyes were full of questions but driven by an unspoken message that throughout the doubt, his soul no doubt connected to his other half.

With his other half that held his fate in her hands, as their lips met created an explosion full of bright stars, swirling within a nebula like an image that spun around them as if the universe at that moment collided together to create something so great, to adhere to something so mysterious.

Before their lips connected, she whispered, "The greatest mystery is who we truly are." At that moment their lips touching was a cataclysmic reckoning that even the demons could not stop.

The nymphs lost their hold on the funnel, and just as the demons were set free from the funnel, they charged toward Aiden and Meridian with their gruesome arms stretched out, like rabid animals, rage and a black hole need to stop the good in the world as they knew it, were mere seconds away. With Talon and the guides, they all took off to ward off the demons but were too far behind, and it appeared no matter how they pressed on, they could not reach the soul key locked in an unbelievable realization not for just them, but for those as a witness.

Just as the demons were an arm's length away from the pair, lost in their own world, an explosion within the dark realm shot up around the couple hurling the demons into the air several yards away. And just like that, in a blink of an eye there they all stood together having escaped the dark realm unscathed.

There they all stood in Tallulah's front yard as though they were never in the dark realm. Meridian and Aiden were toe to toe still wrapped in their embrace. The guides looked around in shock and confusion, while the fairies had taken a moment to look at the two human beings that longed to see the company that showed up at their doorstep. There hand in hand as the best friends they were, Tallulah and Esmra stood and held one another. Esmra being the one who could see the fairies gasped as she brought her frail hand to her mouth. Under her hand, she whispered to Tallulah, "They're back."