Chapter 20 Pt 5

Meanwhile, back in Etheria, Karma and Selena accompanied Charity. With success, they were now inside the Hall of Souls, where they were met with three glowing apparitions, with just silhouettes of their bodies emerging from the bright light.

"Charity, we are so grateful you see us," the angel spoke out, "What do you seek?"

Charity cleared her throat, and her eyes watered and reflected the beautiful imagery from the keepers she stood before. Shaken, she reached her arms out to Selena and Echo as if she looked for physical support to remain standing in front of such grandeur.

"I, we, the spirit guides desperately need your help. With the demons I know will come, our realm is divided and afraid. The guides wish to wake Caius. I want to wake Caius. I brought the fairies with me, and they hold the fairy stone. I am the only council member left to give this blessing. I am afraid the spirit guides do not trust to vote anyone else in as council. It scares them that there may be more guides tainted, posing as guides. They worry Slaten and Pramlee are tainted and will not act per our laws and for humankind."

The fairies held Charity's hands as if to support her while she shook. Her eyes squinted amongst the blaring light, and she looked downward as a tear escaped and brushed down her sullen cheek.

A deep voice, echoing and all-encompassing, said, "Charity, you have all you need. Is it not that Meridian has acquired the quartz sword? Where is your chosen one? Why has Meridian not entered here to make this request?"

"Meridian went to Earth to say goodbye to her beloved human friends. She turned over the sword to the fairies who have come here now. We expect the demons anytime. Meridian will return. Please allow Caius to be free of a sentence given by an imposter and a demon. Allow him to come back to Etheria and give hope to the others. I am only one, and I regret that I am not looked upon as the one they can truly trust. Please." Charity begged.

As the fairies and Charity stood in front of the angels, a scene displayed right before their eyes — a transparent vision of current events playing out on Earth. Charity and the fairies looked at a view of familiar faces. There was Tallulah's house, and in the yard, they saw Meridian and Echo fighting Valefor while Astaroth had acquired Aiden and taken him back with her to the dark realm.

The trio watched in fear at the events they saw play out right in front of them. Echo, who drew her power from Earth and the fairy realm, remained weakened without her sisters. It knocked her away from Meridian, who Valefor was after. He wrapped his large meaty hands around Meridian's neck and picked her upward, where he held her, hovering just above his head. Valefor turned and looked to Lahash, who maintained his distance from the scene.

"Lahash, now! Now it is your time to do it! Kill her! Kill Echo! Do as the dark one implored you to do!" Valefor's eyes were red, and his form now took the same style as it did in the dark realm. Large sharp teeth and a low guttural voice. "Now!"

Lahash's face changed; he looked at Karma, who remained seated on the ground. She moved to stand up, not breaking her eyes away from Lahash as he ambled toward her. His steely eyes broke away from her stare. He looked at Valefor, and his face was blank.

There he and Echo were face to face staring at one another, both in surprise and suspicion. Echo's chest moved up and down with her quick and short breaths taken in the suspenseful moment. Echo moved one foot back, and her face angered and her eyes tightened.

Lahash didn't break, his face still as death, his eyes cold and dark never altered as she positioned herself. He said, "Echo, what is your element, what do you protect? What is your power?" Lahash began to walk a circle around her with now with a brimming smirk. "Siren runs demons away with her sound. She fights fire with her body that feeds her element. Lotus drowns away anything that poses harm with her water element. Venus can move mountains, speak of love, or be a soft breeze with her air element. What is your power, dear Echo? How can you stop a demon? Are you going to use the planet to hurt me?" Lahash snorted.