Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Lahash had quite a bit on his plate. Breaking the will of a powerful fairy nymph and being the catalyst in the dark one's epic plan was much on any demon's shoulder, and Lahash was no exception. After the intense meeting with the dark one, his employment didn't leave much time to win accolades from the dark one. He traveled back to the dark realm's prison where he had left Echo weak, but in anger.

He approached the iron door and pummeled it open, startling the near lifeless fairy with the clanging of the iron door jamb. Echo raised her head, with just a glint of light shining on her only exposed eye through her stringy, dirty hair. Lahash's slender shadow blanketed her in darkness as he stood in the doorway. With such an exuberant rush to get to the prison and rapturous springing to open the heavy door, he stood with a pause.

Echo squinted her tired eyes, and although he was her solitary visitor since her capture, she could not see his face from where she lay. Without much energy, Echo's head collapsed onto the iron floor with little regard for Lahash. Slow and light in his footing, with a couple of steps he stood near Echo and stared at her pale and lifeless face. Lahash kneeled beside the fairy nymph and patted her cold cheek with the back of his hand. She did not move or wince in repulsion to the demon. Not even a groan came from her as she lay still and lifeless.

Lahash brushed his hand down to her neck and he rested his hand for a moment before he continued further, then stopped at the line of her dress that barely covered her breast. With a still hand, Lahash's breathing increased and his mouth salivated in lust. His pupils widened with hunger staring at the curve in her breast. Just as he curled his fingers downward, to pull her dress to give his eyes a treat, his brow furrowed, and he brought his eyes up to her face. He stood up and paced the floor and put his hand over his mouth. He looked over his shoulder before he turned back to face her.

Once more he kneeled beside her, and he slid his hand under her head to lift it into the light so he could see her still eyes. He leaned over as if to kiss her, but the moment was interrupted by a silent visitor only making an announcement with a silhouette shadow of dragging wings. Lahash froze, and his eyes surveyed the wall before landing on the visitor.

"Astaroth, what are you doing here?" His voice low and irritated.

"She won't make it if you leave her here much longer. Her life force leaves her, she is weakened and near passing. Some being's wills you cannot break. If she dies, we will have more than just the dark one to answer to, the nymphs will be in full rage, and I suspect it will be Karma who delivers your karmic debt." Astaroth ushered in on the other side of the pair and stared down at Lahash who had softly laid the nymph's head back down.

He remained squatted next to her, still with his eyes locked on her, but he carried a new look. His eyes lost their commanding and arrogant silent message for a slight worry. He closed his eyes for a couple of moments before darting them toward the demoness.

His cold look returned to his eyes as he gave a steely stare. "What do you want?"

Astaroth smiled, giving Lahash the direct eye contact that he did not seem to appreciate. "This look, I like this look on you Lahash. You appear vulnerable. Now, how has that come to be?" Astaroth began playing with Echo's hair as she still lay nearly unconscious.

Lahash drew a sharp breath as he watched his lover from the past indulge in his discomfort. "What do you want?" he demanded.

"You know what I want. You and I are both similar creatures, and even though our lovers' days weren't a success, there is no reason that you and I can't help one another." Her face was soft, her eyes were sharp, and the slight upturn of her thick lips reminded Lahash of days in the past where she used the same looks to get what she wanted from him.

Lahash snarled in disgust, jolting himself upward as if to exit the cell and leave Echo with the demoness. He stopped in the doorway leaving his back turned to Astaroth who moved to stand behind him. She ran her nails down the back of his neck, and she leaned to his shoulder and whispered, "I will help you with Echo if you help me with Aiden."

Lahash turned and looked over his shoulder, cutting his eyes with unappreciation and to acquiesce her unspoken demand, one that he would surely pay for in the long run.