Chapter 2 part 2

"Guides, have you been able to locate Aiden and Meridian?" Selena asked.

They all shook their heads. "Selena, we have no idea where they are," Ridge explained. "We thought you all would have a better idea of where Aiden is. We understand that Aiden was in his last life; this was his last human life. If he learned the lessons, the Universe sent for him to accomplish in his past lives, it would leave him with a choice, to move on to be a spirit guide or to choose to live another human life."

Relic interrupted. "Look, what if he lived another human life? He is some infant somewhere? Or maybe he didn't learn his lessons?"

Pramlee irritated with Relic, shook her head with a face full of disdain. "Relic? Aiden was a wonderful person; I am sure he had the choice. He knew when he gave his life that Meridian was set free, it would only make sense he was a spirit guide."

Talon shared his irritation with Pramlee with noticeable disdain across his face toward Relic. Relic shrugged his shoulders and looked into Talon's eyes, with regret. "I am sorry.... I do not believe that either, but everything that has happened...nothing makes sense."

Selena rubbed her chin as she thought, "The fairies, we have not seen his ghost at all. So, we know that he is not lost or sticking around for unfinished business." She looked to Kieren and Relic and ignited a round of questioning. "So, have you all returned to Etheria since Aiden's passing?"

Kieren nodded, "Yes, we went back, and things are strange. Arianna, Charity, Janus, Cora, Brennan, and Chance are still missing. No one speaks of them. Warrick is back in the realm, as though nothing has happened. He is calm and he removed the ban on Spirit Guides watching over their humans. He hasn't cast any other guides out, and most importantly, he isn't threatening all kinds of punishments on any of us."

Selena's face grew in suspicion. "What? That is not like Warrick. What of Farrah and Slaten?"

Relic who stared at the fairy nymph Lotus broke his attention and smile to answer Selena's question. "They are there, I spoke with them both. They are just as baffled. He even called a gathering, just like we always did, where guides come to welcome the new spirit guides. Meridian or Aiden wasn't there, and Slaten and Farrah were just as puzzled once we told them what happened. Slaten is sticking around to keep an eye on his father, he suspects he is up to something as usual."

Luna stared at Relic with sad eyes, as she missed him, and no longer in forced nuptials by her mother, she knew that he was taken with Lotus and felt she was losing her rightful chance with Relic. She walked up to him while the exchange was taking place and stood next to him in hopes to garner some attention. Relic fidgeted his hands, with her close presence and struggled to make any eye contact with the fairy.

Selena stood listening but studied her daughter and Relic together with much concern. Despite her concern for her daughter, she maintained her agenda, to get down to the bottom of what was going on within the realms. "Ridge, Echo still holds the key she stole from Warrick, the key to the hall of souls. The Angel gave the blessing for the chosen one to get the sword to destroy the demons. We need Meridian, how can we locate her? Would the keepers have this answer? Would they share?"

Karma said, "When I went into the Hall of Souls, the angel was very specific that only the chosen one could use the sword to restore Etheria. I did not hear that the chosen one had to be the one to retrieve it from the cave it is said where the sword remains. "What if we all make the journey? What if we all join to find the sword? In the meantime, we continue to track down Meridian, and not to forget Aiden."

Tallulah, Esmra and Chris stood during the exchange. Esmra was the only one who could hear the fairies and Tallulah struggled to connect to the spirits from an overload of emotion and lack of the energy it takes to foster such a connection. Chris feeling left out was in the dark until the best friend witches could recite what was happening.

Selena stared at Karma with concern, she glanced around and then took a measure of Talon. "No. No more. We will find Meridian first, no more risks or chances." Selena looked to Ridge and said, "When is the next council meeting?"

Ridge said, "I can't be sure...they just had one recently. It may be more time. The guides were at unrest with all that has happened, Warrick will not reveal to any of the others the where about of Charity or Brennan. He goes along as if nothing has happened. He just gave many of the guides excuses and vague answers at our last gathering."

Selena was quick and her words were sharp as though something was driving her. "I need you all to return to Etheria, find out from Slaten when the next council meeting will be called. That will be the time we confront Warrick, if the demons do not first."

"Selena what are you getting at?" Pramlee asked.

"Warrick was a tool, a pawn so to speak. There may not be any reason to have to do anything to him if the demons don't get him first. We must locate Meridian, something tells me with the way of her departure on Earth, she is in Etheria somewhere...possibly within the hall of souls, where Caius rests. First, we have a trip to make, back to the dark realm. We need to get Charity, Chance and find out if Brennan is hidden there as well."

Luna's mouth dropped open; she was quick to her mother's side. "Mother! There is no way I am going back there! We have been lucky in the past but breaking in to break other spirit guides out is madness! There is no way we can take on the entire demon realm."

Selena snapped her head back at Luna, angered by her daughter's doubt in her plans. "We are not going to go head to a head, we will sneak in the realm and collect who we can. Open war in the dark realm...now is not the time."