✼ T E N

CHAPTER TEN Nightmares

        A WHIMPER LEFT Quinn's lips

A WHIMPER LEFT Quinn's lips. It was night -or what could be considered night when you're in the TARDIS- and all the humans has gone to bed. Her forehead was covered in sweat as her mind played images in her head. Almost like a movie, which she had seen a thousand times already.

There were the flames, the screams, the crying, the robots that looked like salt and pepper shakers, the clanging of swords -her sword-, the gunfire and then the voice, whispering, 'Doctor'.

That was the reason she wanted River to introduce her to the Doctor. Because she heard the name in her nightmare. It was like a record, playing over and over again.

'Doctor'
'Doctor'
'Doctor'
'Doctor'

But this time, this nightmare, there was something different. Because this time, there was another voice, another person, whispering a different name.

'Warrior Princess'

As soon as the last syllable was said, Quinn shot upright in bed. The locket around her neck glowed so warm against her skin, she felt like her chest was melting. The most powerful headache she had ever felt had started in her head, and immediate tears sprung to her eyes.

It was getting to much for Quinn. She quickly threw off her sleeping clothes, exchanging them for a pair of blank leggings and TARDIS blue sports bra. She hurried for the bathroom that is connected to her room. With two hands she splashed water in her face, trying to get rid of the sweat that littered her face.

She stared in the reflection of herself in the mirror and scoffed. When her eyes found the locket that was now resting on her chest, just above the neckline of her sports bra, she growled angrily. With two hand she tried to clamp off the locket, but it seemed it had burnt into her skin.

"Warrior Princess?" She asked herself, trying the name out. It seemed oddly familiar on her tongue. As if that name was right. The locket seemed to agree, as it burnt once again against her skin, just as it was starting to cool.

Quinn let out a small shriek, placing a hand over her heart at the pang of warmth. "Okay, lesson learned. Not saying that name aloud again." She whispered to herself. As she stared back at her reflection in the mirror again, she gave a sigh and an idea popped into her head.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Her eyes were closed and her arms were spread as she laid in the cold water. She was finally a bit relaxed. For once she wasn't running from the shop vendor she had to steal food from or running away from some dangerous alien. No, it was just her and the water. And she was good with that.

She finally felt a little more at peace when she was suddenly enveloped by a large wave of water. Quickly swimming back up to the service, she spluttered once air had filled her lungs again.