✼ T W E N T Y S E V E N

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN The Impossible Astronauts

        A FEW MINUTES later, the Oval Office was full of scattered maps with agents standing against the walls keeping a tight eye on everything

A FEW MINUTES later, the Oval Office was full of scattered maps with agents standing against the walls keeping a tight eye on everything. The Doctor and Quinn worked together silently, as if two cogs in a perfectly working clock.

"Why Florida?" Frowned Canton as the Doctor picked up a map from the floor and placed it on the desk. Meanwhile, Quinn stepped away from another map and hopped onto the desk, clutching her head in her hands.

"There's where NASA is," the Time Lord explained. "They mentioned spacemen. NASA's where the spacemen live. Also, there's another lead I'm following. Q, you okay?"

Quinn sighed and nodded. "Yeah, Doc. I'm fine, just... just give me a mo."

The Doctor nodded, although not really convinced, and kissed her temple quickly before going back to the map.

On the other side of the room, Amy turned to River in a low voice, "Spacemen, like the one we saw at the lake."

The blonde gave a small sigh. "Maybe. Probably."

Amy is suddenly staring transfixed at the door opening while mumbling, "I remember."

"Amy? What do you remember?" Rory asked as he worriedly walked closer to his wife.

But once Amy looks away from the door opening, she doesn't know anymore. "I don't know. I just..." she suddenly gasped loudly while throwing her arms over her stomach.

Rory grows even more worried for his wife. "Amy, what's wrong?"

"Amy?" River tried.

"Are you all right?" The Doctor asked, momentarily stopping what he was doing on the map.

"Everything okay?" Quinn asked at the same time as the Doctor, while she hopped off the desk and looked at the ginger in concern.

"Yeah. No, I'm fine," Amy said with a dismissive shake of her head. "I'm just feeling a little sick. Excuse me, is there a toilet or something?"

"Sorry, ma'am, while this procedure's ongoing, you must remain within the Oval office." Said Peterson.

"Shut up and take her to the restroom." Canton told him harshly.

Another agent walked up to the ginger to lead her the way. "This way, ma'am."

"Thanks." Amy was about to leave when Quinn stops her with a hand on her arm. "Do you want me to go with?"