✼ T W E N T Y O N E

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE The Big Bang

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE ➸ The Big Bang

More then 1.894 years ago

"SO THE UNIVERSE ended," Rory said to Amy's body as she laid slumped in his arms. He was sitting against a tree bark, holding his beloved Amy. "You missed that, in 102 AD. I suppose this means you and I never get born at all. Twice, in my case," he gives a breathless laugh and looks down at Amy with tears in his eyes.

"You would have laughed at that. Please laugh. The Doctor said the universe was huge and ridiculous, and sometimes there were miracles. I could do with a ridiculous miracle about now."

As if the universe had heard his call, the Doctor and Quinn both suddenly appear in front of him out of thin air. The Time Lord wears a red fez and has a mop in his hands while the Israelis woman has her jacket tied around her middle, golden streaks in her hair. Rory can see clear flashes of gold in her eyes and around her hands.

"Rory! Listen, she's not dead," the Doctor says cheerfully as he gestures at Amy.

"Well, she is dead," Quinn corrects with an apologetic look to Rory. "You do have to tell it good, otherwise it doesn't make sense."

The Time Lord rolls his eyes with a fond smile on his lips. "Oh, like you would have said it any better."

"Yes, I would have said 'Rory, don't worry. For now Amy's dead, but she's going to be all right," she gives him a smile. "Doesn't that sound better?"

"Alright, poor choice of words," he agrees which makes the woman smirk. "I'll give you that."

Quinn let out a laugh, the golden glow in her eyes getting brighter as she threw an arm around his shoulder and brought him closer, to which he responded by putting his free hand around her waist.

She turns to Rory with a wide grin. "Do you believe that? He agrees with me on something!" She laughed.

Rory was properly confused now.

"So, Amy is dead but not really," the Doctor said to get him and Quinn back on track. "but it's not the end of the world. Well, it is the end of the world," the Israelis woman winced.