✼ T W E N T Y N I N E

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE The Day Of The Moon

       THE VOICES OF Amy and Quinn could still be heard from outside the room

THE VOICES OF Amy and Quinn could still be heard from outside the room. "Help me. Please, I can't. I can't see. Somebody help me." Cried the ginger.

"Doctor? Doctor, are you there? Please, I don't know where I am. It's cold... I- I'm scared. Like, actually, properly scared. I don't think that's happened before... god, that sounds snobby." Quinn sobbed.

Canton finally finds the right room but when he tries to go inside, he finds it locked. "Amy! Quinn! Amy, Quinn, can you hear me?" He gets out his gun. "Quinn, Amy, I'm going to try to blow the lock. I need you to stand back."

But before he can shoot, the Doctor, Rory and River come running towards him. The Time Lord quickly gets out his sonic screwdriver. "Okay, gun down. I've got it." He tells Canton.

"Amy, we're here," Says Rory worriedly. "Are you okay?"

"I can't see. Quinn, where are you?"

"Amy?" Comes Quinn's voice. "Amy, where are you? Hello? Amy?"

The Doctor finally gets the door open, they all rush in only to find the room completely absent of the two girls they had been able to hear. No one notices the two panting little girls standing around the corner.

"Where is she, Doctor?" Rory asked the Time Lord as he looks around in disbelief and worry. "Where are they?"

River checks the two spacesuits that lie on the floor. "It's empty."

"It's dark. So dark," everyone looks around when they hear Amy's voice. "I don't know where I am. Quinn? Quinn, are you there? Please, can anybody hear me?"

"Doctor? Doc, please," the Doctor's heart broke a little more when he hears the beautiful Israelis accent morphed into the English language. "River? Please, sis. I can't see. A-And it's dark... and- and cold. Please, Doctor I don't know what to do."

On the floor lie two nanorecorders, both flashing red. They're from Amy and Quinn.

"They took this out of them," Rory gasped, picking up the one that once belonged to his wife while handing Quinn's to the Time Lord. "How did they do that, Doctor? Why can we still hear them?"

"Is it a recording?" Asked River.

The Doctor swallowed. "Er, it defaults to live. This is current. Wherever they are right now, this is what they're saying."

With that in mind, Rory held the nanorecorder close to his lips. "Amy, can you hear me?" He asked it. "We're coming for you. Wherever you are, we're coming, I swear."

"She can't hear you," Said the Time Lord with a shake of his head. "I'm so sorry. It's one way."

"She can always hear me, Doctor. Always. Wherever she is, and she always knows that I am coming for her. Do you understand me? Always."