Chapter 1: The Gift

"Wake Up birthday girl!" I'm startled out of my pieceful sleep to the sound of my best friend shouting about. "Why do you do that!? You know I hate that!" She plops herself down on my bed making it shake a bit. "Yell sor-ry! It's your birthday and I really need you to open your gift so that we can get ready and go," she says with a slight frown. "Ok, sorry," I grumble. "I'm up, which would you like me to open first?"

There was an envelope and a kind of small box; I have to admit I am a bit curious to see what's in both of them.

"The box first." I'm glad because I've been eyeing the box, I know it probably wouldn't be too expensive though. I open it to see a perfume bottle and look up at her bit confused. "Now open the envelope, you'll understand," she chuckles. I go to open the envelope, pulling out...One Direction tickets! And not just that, they were backstage meet and greet passes! "Oh my god! Em! You are the best!" I all but squeal. "Em! b-but you already paid for our plane tickets here. I wasn't expecting anything more."

We had flown over to L.A. from London, thinking that was my only birthday present so to say I was surprised would be a bit of an understatement. I was so excited the One Direction is my world! I never thought I'd actually ever be able to see them. I know what you're thinking, I live in London how have I never seen them? Well, technically I have but I meant I never thought I'd get to meet them. Me and Emma have waited outside of the studio they were recording in a couple of weeks ago.

We had waited for what felt like forever before they got there and just as they were getting out of their cars our boss had called Emma and told her we needed to get to work, even though it was our day off and just as I was going to turn around to go, my eyes locked with beautiful green orbs as, Harry was passing right by me. He was getting pulled by Paul towards the studio. Em pulled me away from the crowd and I turned my head one last time to prove to myself that had just happened and as my head turned there he was still staring at me almost trying to pull away from Paul and I giggled a little as I turned back to Em pulling me away.

That was about as close to meeting them as I had ever gotten. Emma's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Well I know how in love with them you are. And I don't know, I was thinking if we met them maybe Harry would remember that day." She smiled. Her eyes full of hope for me. "Thank You, but I highly doubt Harry will remember that day" "Yeah but ya never know." "Em, let's be real for a moment here, He meets and sees millions of pretty, funny, more interesting fans than me every day."

She looked at me with an are-you-kidding-me face, "Wait. How did you even afford all this!?" she looked around in silence for a little thinking of an excuse to tell me, "Umm... I.... Don't worry about it." I knew she was hiding something from me, we had been bestfriends since we were in diapers so she could never hide anything from me no matter how hard she tried. "Em. I know you're hiding something just tell me how you got them." I said simply.

"Well. Errmm first you have to promise not to get mad at me please." I nodded and she continued, "I know you don't like to ask anyone for a little help and don't like to be handed things but.... but I just had to do this, for you." I looked at her a bit confused but let her continue, "I ... I went to go talk to your parents, and ... and they gave me the money for our trip, and the tickets."

I felt my eyes fill with rage, When I was 16 I moved to London, away from my parents. I was from a very wealthy family, and I know you're thinking, well why the hell would I leave then? Well it was because my parents liked to throw their money around as if they were paying me to love them, and they were always fighting, and they would tell me I shouldn't be seen with them because I was.. different. I didn't like to wear fancy expensive clothes. I was content with wearing department store clothes, I had a few friends growing up who didn't have all the things I had and it was because they couldn't afford it, so that always stayed with me and I never liked using money unless I worked for it, where as they would love to have the most expensive clothing, nothing less and they didn't care about anyone else but themselves.

They would buy things or give me money as if it would cover up and the pain their actions and words caused me, and now this!? "I don't want them. I'm taking them back." I said it almost yelling at Em. "Jaz! You are NOT taking these back! They are a gift from me! And you don't even have to see your parents! Just please take them and get ready so we can go we have to be there in an hour and a half!" I was about to speak but she cut me off, "That wasn't a question. We are going and you are getting ready!" I rolled my eyes and headed to the bathroom to get ready..