chapter 5: surprise

my alarm clock rang and brought me back to reality. i had a really nice dream about going to Canada but my alarm clock just had to burst the bubble. the smell of the food being cooked in the kitchen reached my nose. my mouth salivated once i knew it was kimchi fried rice. i immediately rose and rushed into the bathroom.

i wore my clothes and walked down the stairs. my mother was serving the food. the menu of the day was healthy kimchi fried rice with a sunny-side up on top, of course. i greeted my mother "good morning! the food looks delicious." i took a seat on of the chairs and right then, i received a message. i took out my phone and saw that it was from jinyoung. i opened up the message.

jinyoung: there is an emergency here. it would be better if you come faster.

the moment i saw the message, i stood up. my mother looked at me in confusion. i looked back at her and said "i need to go now. there's an emergency. give the extra food to our neighbour or her dog. bye, i'm leaving!" i spoke like a bullet train.

me: i'm on my way.

i reached the hospital real fast and walked into the room jinyoung told me he was at. i opened the door, only to find a dark room with no nurses and no sight of jinyoung either. just then, the lights turned on and my colleagues screamed, "congratulations!" i jumped back in surprise.

jinyoung came to me while smiling and excitedly said, "congrats! you have been officially appointed as the manager of the general surgery department!" 

"noo you're kidding me!"

"no of course, i'm not!" jinyoung replied and i threw my arms around him, squealing in his shoulders. i didn't expect this but now that i think about it, the big operation was probably the reason why i got this role. i was on cloud nine. even the chief of the general surgery department was there to congratulate me and praised me for my dedication and my successful operation.

i kept on bowing and saying 'thank you' to everyone who congratulated me. once the chief of the general surgery department left, "oh my god, i really cannot believe this! i think i might cry," i squealed in excitement and i clapped like a seal.

suddenly, jinyoung leaned closer towards me. instinctively, i leaned back. he whispered into my ear, "save your tears for later because someone else is here." who else can probably be here? i followed jinyoung's eyes and turned around. i saw a man standing at the door. as he walked closer, i recognised him but i was so stunned that i could not move. 

he was back. jackson was back. finally!

i ran towards him and threw my hands around him. he held me tightly and embraced me warmly. i pulled away and looked into his eyes that i missed. he smiled the sweetest smile ever and brushed a strand of my hair. placing my hands on his cheek, i spoke, "you're back." 

"yes, i'm back," he nodded and placed his hands on my cheek. he rubbed against them gently.

looking into my eyes deeply, his eyes landed on my lips. he leaned in and his lips landed on mine. it was a short peck. he pulled away soon and i longed for his touch again. i could hear my colleagues squealing quietly so i looked at them and then pulled away from jackson, though i did not want to.