chapter 11: break-up

"today."

jimin agreed and asked me to text jackson. i took my phone that was on the sofa and went to jackson's chat. i was typing when i received a message from him.

jackson: let's meet at starbucks at 6pm. i have something to tell you.

me: okay, sure.

later that evening

jimin drove me to starbucks as jackson had said in the text. we had been in the same spot for 5 minutes. i didn't want to get off to face jackson. he was probably going to break up with me. even though i had made my decision, i could not bear to lose someone whom i loved. i was nervous. and afraid.

jimin placed his hand on my hand, "it's okay. go and bravely face him. you can do this, you're my strong girl, right?" i nodded hesitatingly and got out of the car before waving to jimin. 

i walked into starbucks and saw jackson sitting on table for two already. he looked up at me and waved with a sad smile on his face. i walked up to him and sat in front of him. he had already ordered my favourite drink; java chip. 

did he really have to buy my favourite drink and make me cry more?

nevertheless, i took a sip before facing him again. i couldn't look at him in the eyes. i hated the fact that he made me weak just like that. we both opened our mouth at the same time, "i-"

he asked me to say it first. 

"i want to break up with you," i said trying not to break down in front of him. he nodded in agreement and replied, "yea, that's what i wanted to say too. irene-ah, we have to move on from each other. because of my one mistake, we can't be together. i'm sorry." 

tears welled up in my eyes and i dug my fingernails into my skin to prevent myself from crying in front of him. i looked down and up again, into his eyes for the last time. "i need to go. goodbye.," i said bitterly before standing up and getting my bag. as i was about to walk away, he grabbed my wrist and stopped me. i turned around and looked at his hand gripped on my wrist. his eyes that always had love and admiration for me looked into mine as he opened his mouth before closing them again. 

he finally managed to say, "be happy."

i looked at him, thinking to myself, "nonsense. you want to say i love you but you're scared. scared to love me once more." 

i removed his grip on my wrist and walked away. i ran to my car where jimin was in and as i opened the door, i broke into cries. i squatted down and started wailing my lungs out. "why?! why?! why does my life have to be like this? i lost my first love and now my second also! WHY?!" i screamed as jimin got out of the car and ran to me. 

"irene, let's go home first," he tried to get me into the car. i pushed him away and continued crying. "irene, everybody is watching. stop crying and get into the car first," jimin said sternly and pulled me up and got me into the car. i stopped crying, somehow. 

and that's how someone had hurt me. again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea and that's what happened. i've been writing a lot lately like for 3 days straight as i realised how less i've been writing. sorry for the short chapter though. i don't know when i would publish the next chapter but please look forward to it. thank you :))