chapter 10: no trust

"do you have to leave?" i pleaded my mother, trying to convince her not to leave for Busan. joy and my mother were leaving to go back to my hometown, Busan, for a few months. i'm going to miss her, mainly her home-cooked food. also, her nagging.

"i'll be back in three months. your grandmother is sick. she's living alone so we'll need to stay with her until she gets better. okay?" she replied.

"then, can i come with you? i'll be able to see grandmother also!" i asked with puppy eyes, hoping she would agree.

"no! you have an important job. stay and be a good girl. don't eat too much snacks and don't eat outside too much. try to have home-cooked food as much as possible. i taught you how to cook so saying that you don't know how to cook is not an excuse," she replied sternly, while caressing my hair gently. 

i pouted and nodded my head. "tell grandmother to get well soon faster. and if her condition gets worse, i'll fly there to cure her faster, okay? send her my love please thank you!" i asked her.

"and joy, what about your work?" i questioned her. joy replied, "my office is near and i'll use brother's car." 

oh, about my brother. he is older than me by 1 year and he lives in Busan now since he doesn't have any schedule now. yea, he's an idol singer. bae jinki from shinee. (a/n: sorry i have to change the surname so that it would match irene's.)

i nodded and quickly sent them off. i washed up and switched on the tv and watched knowing brothers. i love that show. i like soogeun the most, he is so witty and funny lol. after the show ended, some other show was playing and the mood went down. i changed the channel and there was a performance by a idol girl group. blackpink. just then, i saw jisoo. "eh? jisoo? she's in blackpink?!" i rubbed my eyes and opened them again as i was in disbelief. 

oh.my.goodness.

so this is why she was not able to talk to me. she was busy in a girl group. but it's not okay for her to not let me know. i knew blackpink but i didn't know the members. i really need to know about them more. i continued watching the song and it turned on an inner dancer in me. i started dancing to the song, trying to copy the moves. pretty easy. in the middle of the song, i heard the bell ring. 

i opened the door to see no one. "some child must have played a prank on me," i was about to close the door when i realised the gates could only be opened by a passcode that only some know. i opened it again and there was still no one. "holy poop, is it a ghost? no lord, please save me hallelujah" i talked to myself. and someone booed me. i yelled before looking at the person with blond hair looking at me with smiley eyes. "the chocolate fudge? park jimin?" i rolled my eyes before slamming the door in his face. but i was too late, he put his feet in and stopped me. i had no choice but to let him in.

"you scared the cow dung out of me right there," i scolded him. he giggled cutely and apologised. i forgave him right away. who could? it is park jimin anyway.

"what brings you here? no schedule? worldwide star?" i teased him lightly. "yea and i chose to meet you when i have no schedule instead of spending time with my members," he said which made me cringe as i chuckled. "it's been so long since i saw you. come here, jibooty," i said as i opened my arms wide. he ran to me and embraced me tightly. "don't call me jibooty. if not i'll call you shorty," he threatened. 

"look who's talking. the shortest member of bts," i replied, annoyed. "yah! you're still shorter than me, you have not grown since-" 

"okay! okay! i won't!" i stopped him halfway and muttered under my breath "jibooty". "huh what did u say?" he asked as he heard me muttering. "huh? nothing?" i pulled away, trying to hide my smile. "do you want anything to drink? beer?" i offered.

"sure, one can of beer please," he said teasingly. i bowed 90 degrees before walking to the refrigerator and getting two cans of beer. i gave him the can of beer politely and he thanked me, "thank you, my lady!" with an accent. i giggled before sitting comfortably beside him. we opened the can and cheered before gulping down the beer. 

how refreshing.

"so, how have you been doing?" jimin asked. 

"all fine, i guess. work is going really well. and you know recently, i got promoted. it's all thanks to jinyoung."

"oooo congratulations! jinyoung... it's been so long since i saw him. i need to catch up with so many people," he wished me the best as we caught up with each other while chattering and laughing away. any army would be jealous that jimin is my best friend since childhood. 

"how is your relationship with jackson going? any news of getting married?" he wiggled his eyebrows and nudged my shoulders, only to earn a sad look on my face. he sensed the change in my mood and stopped smiling and going into advisory mode. "hey, what happened?" 

"jackson... he's hiding something from me. i can tell.. he.. he has not brought me to see his mother and yesterday, when i asked him about that, he didn't answer wholeheartedly.  he hasn't replied to me yet also," i explained the situation to him as he listened carefully. 

"irene-ah, jackson surely has his reasons. maybe, he's just waiting for the right time to explain. maybe, it's later on or maybe, never. but for now, i think you need to decide what to do at this point in time. do you want to give him a chance or..."

"break up with him?"

"hm... sadly, yes," he answered.

tears started welling up in my eyes and dropping one by one as jimin pulled me into his embrace and patted me on my back which brought comfort to me. he had always been doing this whenever i felt down. "it's fine, it's fine. what matters is your decision. if you don't want to and give him another chance, it's also fine. but remember your decision should bring happiness and not misery to you," he looked into my eyes softly as he held my shoulders in his hands. 

i nodded as i wiped away my tears. "i'll think of it."

should i give him a chance? is it going to be worth it? is he going to explain to me now? he should have trusted and explained earlier. we dated for 3 damn years and he is not brave enough to even talk about it. am i overreacting? but that's what the others are saying also. even jaehyun, even jimin. maybe, i shouldn't. shouldn't give him a chance.

"jimin. i made up my mind. i'm going to break up with him," i said in a serious tone. "hm. if that's your decision, then i'm okay with it," he agreed with me. "but when are you going to break up?" 

"today."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------oof. guess what's going to happen in the next chapter. and it's a long ass ride.