A safe place

"DING DONG!" I'm jolted awake by the buzzing of my cell phone. It's my brother. Why is he texting me this early in the morning? "Be ready in ten minutes, we'll pick you up," he says. "What?" I mumble, checking my clock. "Oh, no!" It's already eight o'clock. I glance outside and curse again.

Raindrops pound against the windows relentlessly. The sky is dark grey, even though the sun is up. Looks like there's a thunderstorm on the horizon. If it weren't for the rain, I'd walk. But no, it has to rain. I dash to the bathroom, completing my morning routine in record time. Glancing at my watch, I realize they could pick me up any moment. Breakfast is out of the question.

The car horn blares, and I grab my backpack, quickly checking if I've forgotten something. I slam the door shut and sprint to the black car parked in front of the building. I sit in the back seat next to my best friend, Jungkook. He and the other six boys greet me. Jin, driving at full speed, clearly wants to make up for lost time caused by my tardiness.

"Here's a cup of coffee," Jungkook says with his signature bunny smile. I take the cup and thank him. "How did you know I didn't eat anything?" I ask, sipping my caramel coffee. "Because my text woke you up, and you rushed, but your slow self couldn't make breakfast," Suga retorts with his usual cold tone. He's not thrilled that I'm friends with his friends—well, not all of them. RM and Jimin aren't really my friends, but they try to act friendly around me. "Language, Yoongi!" Jin says, offended, while keeping his eyes on the road. "What? It's true!" They all laugh at his comment, and even Jin cracks a smile.

"You all know me too well. I don't like it," I argue back. "I am your brother, dumbass. I lived with you for 17 years," Yoongi says, chuckling. Yeah, he can be rude, but deep down, I know he loves me. He just has a weak spot for me but needs to keep up the act in front of the boys.

We arrive at school. I exit the car and run to my locker as fast as possible, knowing they're following behind me. When I open my locker door, I hear some girls screaming. "They just arrived at school; calm down," I mumble softly under my breath so they can't hear me. My brother and his group walk through the hallway. Jungkook looks at me. I smile kindly, and he reciprocates with his bunny smile.

They call themselves BTS or Bangtan Sonyeondan, the most popular boys in school. I don't want to be seen with them often at school, even though they know I'm Suga's little sister. Those girls can be quite scary and mean. That's why I run away. I finish my coffee, grab my books, and head to my classroom, finding my seat at the back of the room. The teacher isn't here yet, so I plug in my earphones and listen to music. After a few minutes, the teacher comes in and starts the class.

You might be wondering why I don't live with my brother or parents. Well, Suga let me stay with his friends because he knows I don't have anyone else. Our parents died in a car accident. My brother took care of me until he was 17. Then he started living with BTS; they're trying to form a boyband. They've already written a few amazing songs. I'm proud of him; he's making something of his life.

We never talk about our parents. He doesn't like to mention their names. I don't mind, though. Talking about them makes it even more real that they aren't around anymore. I'm a quiet person; I prefer to be on my own. After our parents died, I became even quieter. Making friends isn't easy for me. When Yoongi moved, we decided to sell the house. With that money, I bought a small apartment. It's my cozy, safe place now.