You're here

I don't feel anything. I don't hear anything. I don't see anything. Is this death? Nothing?

Gradually, I begin to sense something—pain, a dull ache in my chest. I feel someone holding my hand. A rhythmic beeping sound and the distant sound of someone crying reach my ears, but I can't open my eyes. The effort to do so feels monumental. After a persistent struggle, my eyes finally open. My vision is blurry at first, I blink several times to bring the surroundings into focus. I see a form sitting next to my bed. But it's not my bedroom; the walls are stark white. I'm in the hospital.

The figure sitting by my bed comes clearer. It's Suga, he's asleep. Why is he here? Did he bring me to the hospital? Memories from what happend come back.

Attempting to sit up, I groan in pain. "Y/n?" Suga awakens. "Don't move. Are you hurt? Why did you do that? Do you know how worried I was? You should have talked to me. Never do that again, okay? I thought I lost you. Just like Mom and Dad." He bombards me with questions, it's overwhelming. He notices my expression; his eyes are puffy and red, evidence of tears shed for me. Some tears still escape, and his last sentence strikes a chord. He rarely talks about our parents, especially since their passing. It's the first time he brings them up after all these years. "I'll go find a doctor. Don't do anything stupid." He warns me.

After the doctor checks on me, Suga pulls me carefully into a tight hug. "I'm sorry, I should have been there for you," he whispers, his soft sobs blending with mine. "It's okay. You're here for me now." Falling asleep in his arms, my brother's arms, I feel a profound sense of safety and home. I missed him so much, and despite everything, he is here now, and that's all that matters. Now.