Breathing

The only thing I can think of is how everyone I cared about didn't help me. No matter how they stood there. Doing nothing. Their silince was more painfull than the act itself. I look up and see the beautiful river. I follow the river until I am on the bridge, the school a fading memory. The sun is already setting. Standing in the bridge's center, I gaze at the flowing water, I take a deep breath, feeling the cool and fresh air fill my lungs. The rhythmic waves below finally begins to calm the storm within me.

I look at the beautiful sky. As the sun bids its farewell, the night sky unfolds. The stars and the moon casting their reflections on the water's surface. It's a breathtaking scene. Tears are silently running down my cheeks. The persistent buzzing of my phone a distant annoyance, I try to ignore it.

I just want it to stop, the pain. It feels unbearable. I want my friend back, I long for the return of the person I love, not this stranger that I once knew, who is now hurting me. Suddenly, a speeding car approaches, I quickly take a step back, in the progress losing my balance and I fall into the cold water.

I see my whole life flash in front of my eyes. All the memories of my parents, my brother, my friends. To tired the fight against the waves, I sink deeper and deeper in the water. The cold, dark water. I am afraid and hurt, the same scared little girl from the car crash. The water, reminiscent of the car crash that claimed my parents, now threatens to consume me. Is this the end? Surviving a car crash only to succumb to the same waters a decade later? Perhaps, a tragic cycle predetermined by fate. Ten years ago I lost my parents, today I didn't only lose my friends but also lost my family, our what I called my family after everything. 

I can feel the air leaving my lungs, I can't breathe anymore. My head hurts, my chest hurts, everything hurts. It's guess it's my time to let everything go. My vision becomes blurry. I don't feel anything anymore. The last thing I see before everything becomes black is a hand.