Let me be happy

I'm trying to get over it. After a few minutes, I manage to concentrate. The bell rings, signaling the end of the class. I pack my things and head outside, only to find Jungkook leaning against the wall. "Did I do or say something wrong?" he asks. "No, it's me." Jungkook sighs, "That's what every girl says." I see pain and anger in his eyes. Shaking off the emotions, I walk away, but Jungkook follows. "Is it because I'm talking with Mulan? You know I like her; why can't you be happy for me for once?" He says the last sentence with frustration. I stop abruptly, and he sees the pain in my eyes. "Sorry, I didn't mean it—" I walk away before he can finish his sentence.
I run to the library and find a quiet spot. I sit there for a few minutes, tears streaming down my cheeks. I wipe them away and stand up, searching for my favorite book. When I find it, I start reading. It was the first book my mother bought for me, and it holds special meaning. I love that book, just like my mother did. Plugging in my earphones, I listen to music while reading, and once again, I start crying. Memories with my parents and brother flood my mind—the good and the bad. And then, I relive their deaths.

A pair of arms wrap around my waist. Looking up, I see Jin. I hug him back. "Jungkook told me about your fight. He didn't mean it like that." "I know, but it hurts." "I know, it's okay. Just cry." Jin knows about my feelings for Jungkook. He's seen it in the way I look at him. Deep down, Jin hopes that Jungkook also feels something for me. While I've given up hope, I still yearn for it. How can you give up on something that's all you want? Jungkook is my first love; you don't just forget that.

I calm down, and the tears stop. We walk to class together. Jin insists on accompanying me. He's like a father/brother figure for me. I've father/brother-zoned him. :) He always comforts me—just a hug, never forcing me to talk. We arrive at my science class. "Text me if you want to talk, okay?" I smile at him. "Yes, sir." We both start laughing; it feels good. "I want to see that laugh every day, okay?" he says. "Yes, just go before you're too late." "See you tomorrow." I watch him walk away before taking my place in class.I have to let Jungkook go. I have to let him be happy...