Little Details

"Absolutely not!" 

"But Sir-"

"Oh no no no, I'm against this idea completely!" Wonka huffed down the hallway to his office with Taylor following right on his heels. Taylor had her hands on her hips as she tried to stay level with her boss as he started up his tantrum. Wonka got to his office doors and grabbed the key ring from his belt. Taylor cocked an eyebrow and watched him fumbled through the large ring of metal. He was getting more frustrated when he couldn't find the right one as he started to mumbled under his breath. Taylor quickly stepped in front of him and open the door, He must have forgotten he doesn't lock it as sudden embarrassment wash over him. Wonka closed his eyes and let out a breath and nodded. Taylor shook her head and rolled her eyes. Once inside Wonka took off his coat and top hat and placed them on the coat rack near his desk and sat down in his chair. Taylor shut the door quietly and walked over to stand in front of his desk. Neither of them said anything and just stared at each other until he became uncomfortable and turned his head. Taylor threw her hands up and groaned.

"Okay but why not?" She asked bring her arms down with a plop to her side. 

"Because." He snapped quickly not really wanting to give her an answer and wanting nothing more than to dismiss this whole thing. Taylor bit her lip to not yell and slowly counted to ten to relax before saying anything. 

"Because why, sir? Because you don't like the thought of another person in the factory? Or because you're paranoid?" Taylor took a seat in the armchair to her right and crossed her arms. Wonka shot daggers and she rolled her neck to warn him she wasn't bothered by his bullshit. Wonka puffed his cheeks and rubbed the bridge of his nose, Taylor refuses to lighten up and he was too stubborn to give in. "We can legit sit here all day, though I will get bored, I will wait for an answer." Taylor shrugged leaning back to get comfortable.

You see this whole thing started with Taylor asking Wonka if they could bring another person into the factory. Taylor wanted new a face around the place since Wonka had a great habit of avoiding her when she made him uncomfortable. Which could last for days on end, it had been a week since the fireplace event and every time Taylor got close to Wonka he would run for the hills to avoid her. It did hurt a bit when she couldn't even talk to him about business. Sure, what she did was out of turn but, he could have told her to move if he truly didn't like it. He wasn't unfamiliar with pushing her out of his way. But last week felt so different and out of this world when they sat there in front of the fireplace so close to each other. Even with his gloves still on Taylor enjoyed his fingers combing through her braids. She enjoyed how she could have fallen asleep between his long legs and would have gladly woken up there too. She was struck with awe when she felt his hand stop moving and turned around to see he had fallen asleep. Getting up, she called for an Oompa Loompa to bring a blanket and cover him. She said goodnight and went to her room for the rest of the night.

It made her so anxious how peaceful that moment was. She wishes it could have gone on forever. The day after when Taylor brought Wonka his morning drink and snack he once again took the tray and hurried her out. This time he slammed the door on her face and didn't speak to her for the rest of the day. That whole week they only communicated through the little men, which did work out in the end, but sucked when she wanted to ask him what his problem was and he never responded.

~~~

This morning she stormed into his bedroom still in her pyjamas demanding he hires another person. She quickly got a kick in the ass out of the door and had to wait for him to get ready for the day. When he emerged from his room she was already standing there ready for him. And that's how they got to where they were now, across from each other ready to draw weapons. Wonka fidgets in his seat trying not to show how ill at ease he was with Taylor dark eyes staring right into him. He really wanted to stomp his feet and demand that she stop talking and go away. After a few minutes of sitting in silence, Wonka let out a noise of his defeat and covered his face in his hands. Taylor shook her head and sighed. She really likes this man. From the temper tantrums, the sneaky behaviour, the way his eyes light up when he is working; how he ruffles his hair when frustrated but quickly fixes it or throws his hat on. The little things he did even when they didn't make sense or were just pure nonsense really made her gravitate towards him.  It was sickening in a way that if you asked her what she couldn't stand about him she would start a list but it would turn into compliments.