Too Fast Too Slow pt 2

"What's going on?"

"She refuses to come out of her room."

"Why?"

"I don't know she won't tell me," Scarlet lied looking at the messages between her and Taylor. When the blonde had woken up in the later hours she as flooded with messages and crying emojis. Wilfred woke up from the noise Scarlet made running around her room to find her robe and brush her hair. Now the couple stood at Taylor's door knocking and hoping the younger girl would open up. Scarlet had tried to knock but Taylor wouldn't answer, now she was starting to become worried that Taylor would do something dangerous. Scalet sent another message hoping Taylor would at least look at her phone. Wilfred looked at Scarlet hopeless as he didn't know how to help. Being unfamiliar with the other girl, he wasn't sure what he could say or do to ease his darlings worry.

"Has she done this before?

"Yeah, when Wonka rejected her feelings." Scarlet covered her mouth when she realized what she said. She looked at Wilfred with eyes that told him he wasn't supposed to know that. Wilfred fixed his glasses and hummed; he wasn't as surprised that Taylor would be rejected; he was surprised that the girl would even have feelings for his younger brother to begin with. Scarlet felt like she let a secret slip as Wilfred's eyes darted back and forth as he thought over what she said. "You weren't supposed to know that."

"Figured. But what is one to do now, how long did she stay in her room when that happened?" Wilfred crossed his arm and leaned against the door frame. Scarlet knew his eyes was on her and pulled her rob collar tighter together. Wilfred smirked and shook his head.

"She stayed in her room for three weeks." Scarlet shoulders dropped as she ran a hand over her face, she was sure that what Taylor had told her would make the girl want to curl up and die. Scarlet couldn't imagine doing what she did, kissing Wonka put a very sour taste in her mouth. Kissing Wesley would feel like the world's greatest sin and Scarlet had done some rather sinful things in her short life. Wilfred pushed off the wall and wrapped his arms around Scarlet from behind. He pulled her against his bare chest calming her down and petting her hair.

"Maybe we should give her space, then maybe she will come from her room willing to talk."Wilfred's word made settled Scarlet's worries and she nodded in agreement. The Wilfred leaned down to kiss Scarlet's cheek; he walked from behind her to her side keeping his arm at her waist as he guided them back to Scarlet's room. On the other side of the door, Taylor sat on the floor with her knees curled up to her chest. She heard them outside but didn't want to open the door because Wilfred was there. A ping of envy whisked around Taylor's mind as she listened to the eldest brother comfort Scarlet with sweet words and empty maybes. She had hope Scarlet would have come alone so they could talk about what happened. She needed girl talk and another mothering pep talk about how shitty feelings were and why being human is the worst thing. Wonka was right about Scarlet being a reliable mentor. She was older, she been where Taylor has been, got the t-shirt to prove it and at the end got the guy as well. It felt like the world was secretly mocking Taylor with how happy Scarlet seem to be, even with the past she had, she was always smiling like she knew everything would play out just right in the end. Taylor huddled tighter together trying to block out the world. 

Kissing Wesley was so over of the field, she only did it because her mind told her that's what Wonka could be like. Wonka could be sweet like Wesley, kind and constructed, gentle and caring of others feelings, Wonka could smile so bright that his dimples showed. But Taylor knew that wasn't who he was. If he did any of those things he was putting on a show for whomever he needed to manipulate. He only tried it on Taylor once, when she saw right through it, he dropped the own act and showed her who he was. Ew. Who he was was someone who cared less and spoke more, he could either trick you into buying shit or scare you to the point you would pay to leave. Taylor rose her head up and rested it on her forearm. She had to get up and do something today. She kept telling herself to forget about him but every time she did, something came around and reminded her that she was a hopeless romantic with lousy taste in men. Very terrible, crazy, lacklustre taste in men who had more problems than she had fingers. Taylor got up from the floor and went over to her closet to pull out some street clothes. She would take a walk around town; she could get out of the factory for a little while before having to deal with another Wonka related issue.