Dinner and Diatribe

Scarlet awoke in her bed with a wet cloth on her forehead, she didn't remember making her way back to her room, nor did she remember why she had a towel on her head.  She pushed herself up to sit up in her bed, and she looked around, trying to find a sign on how and what was going on. Scarlet felt like she had just awakened from a dream, that Wilfred was at the factory and was standing right in front of her a few moments ago. There was no way any of that could have happened; it's been years since they parted ways, years since she last saw the sadness in his eyes when he told her he was leaving. There was no way he was at the factory, out of the blue as if it was casual for anyone to come to the factory. But it felt so real to Scarlet, and she wasn't sure why her mind felt the need to play with her like this. A voice behind her brought her out of her discerning strife; it wasn't Taylor's, too deep to be a woman's nor Wonka's. The blonde turned towards where she thought she heard it and her eyes grew tens times wide. Facing towards her bay window stood a man with slicked back hair that fell from its neatness. She couldn't see his face, but his voice gave away who it was, there was one person she knew what a voice like that. 

Deep like an ocean and smoky as if his words lingered heavy in the air, low as he only spoke with seriousness. Scarlet stood up from her bed and slowly walked over to the ma. She hoped this was who she thought, begging internally that it was. She slowed her steps when the man lowered his phone and signed, shoving it in his pocket he turned around running a hand through his messy short hair. When they locked eyes, they both jumped back a bit as looked each other over. There was silence, but it wasn't awkward, it was tense but only in a way that neither of them knew what to do. Wilfred took the first step towards the girl, Scarlet froze in place, heart beating against her chest. When they were only a few feet away, Scarlet looked him over again admiring how handsome he still was. The years were tender with him, even with his sleepy eyes and his frown lines he still looked like he did back then. To him, Scarlet hadn't changed at all, maybe her hair seemed brighter along with her eyes, but he decided that they were only like that because dull things always surrounded him.

"Y-you're-"

"Here?" Wilfred finished her sentence. Scarlet didn't feel the tears forming in the corners of her eyes nor when they fell. Wilfred quickly went to wipe them away with his thumb. Scarlet turned her face into his palm and held it there taking in how real his touch felt. Wilfred pulled her to his chest and held her, his arm around her back and his hand in her hair. Scarlet grip onto the back of his waistcoat hoping that this wasn't a dream, she hoped that when she opened her eyes he was still there. They both held on for a while before pulling away to make sure they were still together. Scarlet couldn't stop the happiness that ran across her face and once again he saw Wilfred's face soften. She took one hand from his back and brought it up to his cheek, he closed his eyes to bring his hand that was in her hair up to hold her hand. Scarlet let out a teary laugh and Wilfred smiled slightly. 

"I've missed you so much," Scarlet said through a shaky voice, afraid she would start crying again from all the emotions that ran through her. 

"You have no idea how much I've thought about you," Wilfred moved her hand to his mouth and kiss it. Scarlet blushes and closed her eyes letting out a staggered breath. "I was sure I would never get to see you again. But here we are, together again." His words kissed her all over and Scarlet could hear his excitement even if others didn't. They refused to let go of each other, this was a reunitement that was long awaited and they didn't want it to end. The world meant nothing as long as they were together again.

"But," Scarlet was the one to break their eye contact and look away. "You're.....you're related to Wonka?" Wilfred perked up and rolled his eyes, he felt like the moment was ruined but not by Scarlet, more so the mention of his younger brother. Scarlet felt the way his body shifted and she quickly went on to apologize.