Scarlet

It had been a few days since Scarlet had arrived and become the new protege of the factory. Taylor had been on edge ever since Wonka told her what he knew, and she wasn't too sure if she could stand in the same place as Scarlet without getting nervous. Why was she nervous? It wasn't like Scarlet tried to kill her. It was the sheer thought that Scarlet was only in the factory to finish up the prolonged job that made her nervous. What if Scarlet was only going to get close enough to whack Wonka finally and then take out Taylor so there wouldn't be any witnesses? What if she took out Taylor first and then Wonka? Taylor couldn't help but get timid and jumpy whenever Scarlet and she was ordered to go off and do something. Every time Taylor met Scarlet's big blue eyes, a nerve-wracking shiver would shoot through her back, and she would hightail it with an excuse to leave. Scarlet was always left speechless having to finish up the rest of the job. It was getting out of hand that even Wonka stepped in and confronted Taylor.

"Are you scared?" He asked as they travelled on the elevator. They were on their way to the cocoa bean room, per Wonka's demand that Tylor came long, to look at production. Taylor hated going to the place because it was so hot and she didn't like how every time they left, she was a sweating mess. Unlike Wonka, who seemed well adjusted to any weather as he was still dressed in his four-piece suit, top hat, and trench coat. 

"I'm not scared," Taylor responded, crossing her arms and looking out the side of the glass. "I'm just worried."

"That's the same thing." Wonka snorted, grabbing his hat as the elevator swung to the right. Taylor stumbled but caught herself and rolled her eyes.

"No, they aren't, but you wouldn't know that." Taylor spat back getting to her feet as they came to a stop. When the doors open She quickly walked out, and Wonka stayed back glaring at her for her remark. He huffed and followed suit quickly catching up with her small steps. Taylor was slightly hunched over herself, looking towards the ground. For the short moments they had to walk it sure felt like forever the way Taylor mood brought everything down. Wonka wanted to know what she was thinking; it wasn't fair when he didn't know what was going on. He always knew even when people thought he didn't. Before they got to where they needed to be, he threw out his cane in front of Taylor to cease her walking. Taylor didn't see what had happened and ran right into the side of the rod. 

"Hey!"

"What are you thinking about?" He lowered his cane and turned on his heels towards her. He stood tall looking down at her, a bit intimidating as he asked a simple question. Taylor let out a heavy sigh and rubbed the back of her arm as she tried to gather up what to say. Her eyes darted back and forth on the ground, and her lip trembled slightly. Wonka closed his eyes and bit the inside of his cheek. "Doncha dare start crying." He said quietly and reopened his eyes to look at her. Taylor had a streak of being a bit of a cry baby and the first time Wonka had to deal with it he almost threw a giant peppermint at her to get her to stop. Over time he became a bit more accustomed to when she might have become overly emotional about something. But right now he didn't want to deal with it, and he wanted to know what she was jittery about.

"I'm not. I'm just-I'm just worried that what if Scarlet is here to finish the job?" Taylor said, speaking with her hands flying in the air. 

"You chose her." He said coldly.

"Yeah well, you didn't stop anything when you knew something was off about her." Taylor eyebrows knotted and he shrugged. 

"I did say she was missing a last name, didn't I? I don't understand why you're scared now."

"I'm not scared!" Taylor's voice rose, and she turned away from Wonka. Her heart was beating fast from the sudden outburst towards her boss. She knew not to yell but right now she couldn't help it. Wonka's eyes narrowed, but otherwise, he was unphased by it.