Slow Rides

She was beauty if beauty had a face, she stood tall with and without the help of heels. Her blond hair was wavy and cut to her shoulders with highlights of browns that gave it hills and valleys. Her skin was kissed by a tan but milky like fresh creme. Her eyes were deep pockets of brown with sparkles of sand that made them shin when the sun glossed over her. But what really brought together this woman was the sharpness, yet soft-edged, cheeks and chin that shaped her into a model if she pretended to be one. There was no way this woman could be over thirty, but that was the power of genetics and natural beauty, Taylor knew Elnora was well into her late early forties. She was a match made for Wonka, she shared his looks and not far from his fashion sense as well. She wasn't dressed to lazy around the park, not in the point-toe heels she stood in, she was dress for business-an agreement she had called for from the other. A white halo collared off-shoulder blouse with a tight asymmetrical skirt that covered half of her right leg than her left. It was perfect for showing off her killer legs that were strong and slim. Taylor couldn't help sizing up this woman and calling her a goddess. She could be called Artemis and Taylor would agree in a heartbeat.

"William my darling I'm so happy you arrived. I was worried you would burn my letter like you do every other one I send." Her voice was royally robust, powerful and could silence a room without raising it an octave higher. Taylor loved it but was intimidated, the woman hadn't even acknowledged her yet, and she was now standing right next to Wonka.

"Trust me pumpkin strudel I wanted to, but my assistant beat me to it." Wonka gritted his teeth and scrawled. She still held him by his arms in an awkward embrace. Taylor could tell Wonka desperately wanted to pull away and make his bubble of space known. The idea of reach out and comforting by holding his hand played in Taylor's head. She knew she couldn't or else she would be breaking the rules he had set in place for them. Taylor linked her fingers and imaged one of her hands were his. The sudden shift of eye contact broke when Taylor was stared down by chocolate eyes. Elnora had finally turned to her, and the look of shook was present in the way her mouth hung open slightly. Taylor froze, slightly shaking under the intense stare as she was unable to break away from it. Elnora slowly dropped her hold on Wonka and looked between the two trying to put something together in her head.

"Assistant? I thought you trust no one to handle your business." Elnora smile kept tilting from falling as she blinked a few times. Wonka took off his glasses and stood heavy on one leg stick his hip out.

"I did too, guess not, now I have of them running around." Wonka turned to Taylor, raising an open hand to present her to his wife. "Elnora, this Taylor, my personal assistant and the only other person that annoys me more than you." Elnora rose a brow and smiled, the woman stuck out a hand, and Taylor quickly shook it.

"Any woman willing to put up with him is a saint in my book. Nice to meet you, Taylor."

"Same to you, Mrs Disney," Taylor said, trying not to make it visible she was shaking internally. The woman's hand was firm and had a mean grip on it.

"Please call me Elnora. Disney is my father and great uncle."

"Classic," Wonka mumbled at her cheap excuse of a joke. Elnora ignored him like always and kept her eyes on Taylor. Taylor knew she was looking her over, and every possible question started to flood the young girl's mind.

"If I had known you were going to bring someone I would have brought my assistant. Rose loves meeting new people." Elora crossed her arms over her chest and side-eyed Wonka. He scrunched up his nose and looked around at anything that was Elnora. This was the start of it all, she was going to play the game he hated most, she always did when she called him for something. They would start off slow and steady in conversation, slowly Elnora would bring up things she knew he didn't want to hear, and it would cause Wonka to lose it. When he did, she would sit back and laugh at him like he was a troubled child.