twelve.

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓-one direction.

      Cocoa butter and vanilla

That's what Tabitha smelt like.

The sillage of her warm scent had hit Austin immediately and he turned his head in natural response to see where the scent was drifting from.

She was stood across the room from him, unnoticed by his gaze on her as she was busy talking with Dacre, their co-worker.

Austin took the time to let his eyes travel across her new look, it was evident she had just paid a visit to the makeup and hair department before coming here.

Her makeup was left simple and neat, giving off an innocent look. Dark brown curls were styled perfectly to frame her face, with a dark green ribbon tied aroumd the beginning of her thick plat to finish the look.

He felt as if he were watching her in slow motion as she threw her head back and laughed at something Dacre had said. Hearing her laugh always felt like a positive punch to the inside of his chest, and even managed to get to his lungs as if he were winded and couldn't breathe. He didn't know why it felt like his soul danced and twisted every time he saw her smile and laugh.

Oh how he wished how had his camera with him.

He felt frustrated at himself because he didn't understand what he was feeling and why he was feeling it. It was an emotion he couldn't decipher because it wasn't anything he had ever recognised.

He claimed that he was feeling that way because she was a truly beautiful woman-and beautiful women made you feel that way.

But he felt especially frustrated when he saw Dacre and Tabitha inch closer to each other, their arms going around the other's body to pull them in for a hug; a big, bright smile on each of their faces at the close interaction.

Austin felt weird as he watched them hug. Another emotion he just couldn't seem to specifically place. But he knew this one was negative because it gnawed harshly at his mind and even in the same, deep spot in his chest-though this time it wasn't in a good way.

The smile that was etched brightly on her face was a drastic change from the way she looked this morning when she had opened the door. He could remember ever detail of the way her face just crumbled as soon as she saw him, and it sent a shooting pain down to his heart- and now that he thought about it, it was in the same spot where he always felt the 'postive punching' happen when Tabby laughed.

"It's because was crying. That's all." Is what he excused the feeling with.

Baz had noticed the way Austin's eyes were fixated on the brunette girl from across the room as soon as it had happened-which was almost a minute ago. Baz hadn't said anything as he studied the way Austin looked at her, trying to figure out what was going through the man's mind that made him seem to be so infatuated by her presence.