nineteen.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 were slowly starting to get back to normal with Austin and me

      𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 were slowly starting to get back to normal with Austin and me. The argument on Monday was simply a bump in the road; you saw it coming and prepared yourself for the hit, then after the impact of the jostling blow, things would settle down and the journey smoothly continued.

I would have thought that what had happened in the past twenty-four would've pushed us back to the uncomfortable silent stage in our relationship, and had expected this morning to be utterly awkward; but it had actually gone quite well, considering all things.

We hadn't uttered a word of our argument during breakfast, and I was kind of thankful for that because it clearly would have ruined the mood. I assumed that it was an unspoken agreement to let the subject go after Austin's apology last night. It wasn't like he was the only one in the wrong here, because I was too; I should have just stayed silent yesterday instead of pushing the topic of his troubles. It was like poking a bear with a stick; it seemed reasonably okay at the time, but then it lashes out at you and then you realize it was a bad bad bad idea.

Our little moment in the kitchen where we had danced to Elvis really touched my heart. It had meant a lot to me that he wanted me to experience something as precious as dancing to Elvis after I told him the story of my Grandparents.

Austin was truly one of a kind.

During the small time that I've known him, I had picked up that he was an attentive kinda guy, always intently listening to me when I spoke and remembering my words for later on. Even at the lowest point in our relationship, he never forgot his gentleman-like nature. It was rare to meet a guy like that nowadays, and he has really set my standards so high up. And honestly, I'm not ashamed to say that I was glad that he broke up with Kelsey- she didn't deserve someone like him. Call me a bitch but that's where my beliefs lay. I hoped that whoever he devoted his love to next, will appreciate him and love him just as much. He truly deserves it.

We had been driving back to my house in peaceful silence when he turned his head away from the road to look at me for a quick second, asking, "You ready for tomorrow?", and flashing me a small smile.

Tomorrow was the day that we shoot Elvis and Priscilla's wedding scenes. I was honestly excited-nervous but excited, as the adrenaline rush from shooting the first scene on Friday had me feeling very eager to film more for the movie. It was a weird mix of emotions. On the outside, this didn't seem like a big deal, but to me it was massive. Priscilla, the extraordinary woman and significant figure in Elvis' life, was going to be watching my performance. Just knowing that my portrayal of her was going to be displayed to the whole world and the Presley family, had me on the verge of throwing up out of pure anxiety and fear.

I really needed to sniff some lavender oil. Maybe even friggin' inhale it at this point.

"I'm excited," I admitted and then turned my head to look at him, "But very, very nervy."