twenty-one.

Omg is this Des back from the dead? 😦🤭

   𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 was flying by quick, almost going in a blink of an eye

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 was flying by quick, almost going in a blink of an eye. It felt like Monday morning was only yesterday, and in a hasty flash I woke up and it was Thursday. But time flies when you're having fun-so you gotta make the most of every moment you possibly can, take it in and revel in it, because one day it will all be over and then you'll be sitting there in sentiment, wishing you had taken the time to just absorb the moment in.

That's what I believed. Especially now, as Austin and I kidded around in the rehearsal studio where we were supposed to be going over our dance number.

We had gotten distracted from the task, once again, and had somehow ended up doing karate, with Austin teaching me some of the moves he had learnt for the role of Elvis, and me doing a bad attempt at trying to copy them; 'Viva Las Vegas' had finished and shifted over to the next Elvis song, 'Hound Dog' now playing at a quiet volume as background music.

When I successfully did one of the karate actions correctly, Austin let out a cheer and clapped his hands together once before lifting both his palms up in the air to give me a high-five.

"Maybe they should stick some sideburns on me and put me in the suits instead," I claimed with a raise of my eyebrows and a nod of my head to play up my words.

Austin snickered and placed his hands on his hips, "You think so?" He questioned, and his smirk only grew when I confirmed it with a sure nod.

"Look at this," I curled the top corner of my lip up, mimicking the famous Elvis smile as I took a couple of steps closer to him so that we were almost chest-to-chest, an attempt to make me look intimidating, "It's pure talent."

"Alright," His tone was soft and his eyes glanced down the length of my body, moving back up to meet mine with a new challenging glint glazed over his face. "Give me your best shot at Elvis then."

I sucked in a sharp breath through my teeth, playing along with the fooling dispute. "You sure?" I asked with a tilt of my head, "What if Baz sees and gives the roll to me instead?"

His smirk deepened even more and a low hum sounded out from his throat, "You certain that's the reason?"

I let out a scoff at his words, countering back with, "I just don't want you to feel too bad if I outshine you," My voice shifted to a softer one to match his, tilting my head a little to exude dominance, "Wouldn't want that happening, hey? I'm sparing you, Austin."

His teeth grazed over his bottom lip as he kept our dominance-fighting eye contact, staying silent for a tiny moment until he came back with, "Don't go all shy on me now, honey."

Honey.

That was a first.

But I knew it was just an in-the-moment pet name to simulate belittling me.