twenty-three.

BABY CAME HOME 2 / VALENTINES
by The Neighbourhood.

Des is back from the dead. WOOP WOOP WELCOME TO MY COMEBACK SPECIAL 👯‍♀️

And today, ladies and jellybeans, we dive into a bit of Tabby's hinted history at the beginning of this chapter; you will get a little gust of two people in her past.

And an inside view of her close friendship with her music-industry bff, who's name rhymed with Sarry Hyles.

Is this a trauma dump chapter? I think so 🤭

     𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, seems like it was true; three was the magic number

𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, seems like it was true; three was the magic number. I was proven that fact an hour ago, and God was I proven. It even stood as my new favourite number.

I loved three. Three was cool. And so was four-but we won't get to that right now.

Austin and I had decided to call it a night after our little rendezvous and he had dropped me back home not too long ago. The car ride was quiet, with the soft music from my playlist playing in the background to fill the silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, per se, but it had the question of 'what the fuck just happened?' heavily hanging unanswered in the air.

I still felt the 'what the fuck just happened?' vibe even after he was gone.

And as I showered the dirt off my body and out of my hair from today's adventures, my mind wouldn't stop running crazily around; questioning my actions and trying to figure out how I'll be able to look Austin in the face tomorrow at work.

It's the fact that it wasn't even just one of those little one-night-stands where you'd just wrap it, tap it, and leave- never seeing their face again after it

Oh, God.

What if he never wanted to see my face after tonight? What if I scared him? I knew I shouldn't have let it all hang out. Bad girl, Tabitha, bad girl.

You know, I've always wondered if you could drown when showering. Maybe I should try it out to see if it worked. Wasn't because I was too embarrassed to see Austin again-Nah, obviously for research reasons only. Just me helping the theorists one bit at a time.

I wiped the intrusive thought from my mind and quickly rinsed the suds from the body wash off my body with the detachable shower head before turning the water off and stepping out of the shower.

The steam from the heat of the water had helped in keeping me warm, so I was in no rush to grab a towel from the rack and dry my body off.

I pumped some cocoa butter lotion into my palm and smoothed the cream over my body, rubbing it into my skin until it was all gone-leaving a soft glow that shone in the dimmed bathroom lights above me.

I gave my hair one last run-through with a towel before adding the coconut oil serum to the damp strands and changing into my dark-blue, silk pyjama set.