sixteen.

i may have made a lil' audio edit for you, which is up top, to play during a particular scene in this chapter - there will be a warning right before it happens!! (here's a sneak peak at the lyrics so you can have a lil' taste at what's to come)

" So have you got the guts?
Been wondering if your heart's still open
and if so I wanna know what time it shuts
Simmer down and pucker up
I'm sorry to interrupt.
It's just I'm constantly on the cusp of trying to kiss you
I don't know if you feel the same as I do
But we could be together if you wanted to
If this feeling flows both ways?
Was sort of hoping that you'd stay
That the nights were mainly made
for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day
Crawling back to you
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few?
'Cause I always do "

    It's just I'm constantly on the cusp of trying to kiss you   I don't know if you feel the same as I do   But we could be together if you wanted to   If this feeling flows both ways?   Was sort of hoping that you'd stay   That the nights were m...

I HAD gone from spilling tears of sadness to no tears at all during my drive home. My cloudy gloom of pain had shifted into a dark thunderstorm of fury as my mind kept on replaying what Austin had said to me-over and over until it clicked that what he said wasn't worth crying about, as his painful words didn't deserve my tears.

Austin knew how much I doubted my skills in acting, as he was there to pick me up when I was at my lowest the other morning when my mind wouldn't stop flooding with self-doubt. He knew how much I worried and stressed about messing this role up. I put my trust in him because I thought he'd understand what I was going through; yet he tossed it all aside to hit me with those simple, small, seven words where it significantly hurt the most.

Like seriously! I was trying my best to cheer Austin up and help him battle his troubling thoughts so he wouldn't be sad anymore; as he had done the same for me the other morning, it was only the right thing to do. But nope, no! I was the bad guy in this situation, of course. I hadn't even done anything to him to receive that kind of outburst from him.

I had the right mind to run his stupid, idiotic body over with my car, but I refrained from doing so because I didn't want to put a dent in it. Not only that, but he didn't deserve to be hit with my beautiful car.

I didn't even get a doughnut today, so I was extra mad and because I was hungry as hell; Hungry and mad is not a good mix when you wanna beat someone's face in with a sharp stick that had lots of splinters.

I finally arrived home and didn't waste time in getting out of the car, slamming the door shut without a second look and stormed inside of the house.

"Brie!?"

"I've done nothing!" She yelled out from the open-space living room, defending herself from whatever I thought she'd done as she had detected the anger in my voice.

My steps were heavy as I walked to the room where I heard her voice coming from. I stopped when I reached the corner to find that she was already expectantly looking at me from her slouched position on the sofa, waiting for me to burst my raised voice at her.