Chapter 2- A friend and his brother

You sat with the skeletons for what seemed like hours and, it probably was since it was starting to get dark. You didn't mind though. You liked the fact that you had just met Nightmare and right off the bat you could talk to him for hours and learn more about each other. You really liked talking to him, you felt comfortable opening up to him within just a few minutes causing you to only feel more drawn towards him.

Though you had quit talking to each other a while ago, you both were now just looking up at the stars that were starting to appear. The only thing that snapped you out of your trance was a figure that was walking towards the tree. Once you confirmed that they really were in fact coming towards the tree you couldn't help but start to feel a bit of fear. Was someone coming back for 1 one 1 revenge? The thought startled you but before your mind could continue on it's panicked path you noticed that Nightmare wasn't startled in the slightest. In fact, he looked a bit happy that who ever it is was coming towards you.

Forcing yourself to look away from Nightmare and back at the silluiet, you see that it's another skeleton. He looked just like Nightmare but with different clothes. Then it hit you. This must be dream, the brother that Nightmare mentioned. Dream gave you a wave and sat down in front of you both and looked towards Nightmare.

"Nightmare, who's this? Did you make a friend?" Dream asked as he gestured towards you.

"Actually yeah, her name is (Y/N)." Nightmare said as he suddenly held your hand, you barely noticed.

"Hi, you must be dream." You said as you held out your other hand for him to shake. He took it with a smile.

"Yes I am. Nice to meet you (Y/N)." He answered, then proceeded to ask a question.
"May I ask how you met my brother?" He asked in a gentle tone.
You were about to answer until Nightmare gave your hand a little squeeze and gave you a pleading look. You quickly thought of something to say.

"Uh, well, I've always seen your tree from the other side of the park and I finally decided to come take a closer look." You technical didn't lie, it was true, so you didn't feel to bad about it.
Out of the corner on your eye you saw Nightmare let out a sigh of relief and give you a small smile.
                                                  ~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~
After some more talking with both brothers, you noticed that it was fully night now. You felt to tired to go home though and you wanted to spend more time with your new friends.
You asked if you could spend the night with them under their tree and they happily said yes. It was your day off tomorrow anyway.

"Isn't the ground going to be to hard for you?" Nightmare asked, drawing your attention to him.

"No,I'll be fine. The grass here is really soft and I'm sure that's all I need." You say, patting the grass for emphasis. You thought that it was nice that he cared for your wellbeing.
You think you saw Nightmare blush a bit before he spoke again.

"Well, I think it's going to be colder later so would you like to sleep next to me and my brother?" He asked while scratching the back of his skull. You giggled a bit.

"Yeah, that would be nice." You say as you moved to lay down next to Nightmare. They were both to your left.
Dream was already asleep and Nightmare was just laying down too. He looked up at the stars before he turned on his side to face you. You looked at each other for a bit before you let out a yawn.
You scooted towards Nightmare a bit more and looked at his deep purple eyes before you drifted off to sleep.