Chapter 22- Strange

Turns out that the odds weren't really in your favor, ending up slightly choking on what you could only assume was the glitter you saw earlier.
Of course, when Papyrus looked at you with a concerned expression, you hurriedly passed it off with a 'you were just eating too fast', driven to the lie for the sake of sparing his feelings.
How could a skeleton look so adorable??

Besides, it seemed the faster you ate while thinking of something, the easier it was to keep eating. While looking for said distractions, you realized you were quite hungry anyways. Any food was better then no food you guessed.

After the difficult meal, Papyrus busied himself with cleaning the dishes while you, sans, and Alphys moved into the living room. A light conversation was currently going on between the three of you as you walked, settling yourself down between your new pals on the couch, the both of them sitting on either side of you.

"S-So you really don't remember any a-animes from the surface?"
Alphys asked, wanting to take her chance to know about more animes since Frisk only knew so much.

"Yeah...sorry, I don't."
You softly admit, hoping she wouldn't press it or anything since it'd only reveal that you couldn't remember anything besides your name.

Though,
A certain skeleton was about to change that anyways.

"actually, al, i invited you over today to talk about that."
Sans spoke in a calm but more knowing tone, glancing over at you, making you a bit nervous.

"You w-wanted to talk about anime?"
Alphys faltered for a second at what Sans said, a small chuckle coming from him when he realized he wasn't specific enough.

"nah, i meant about (y/n) not rememberin' stuff."
He spared you just another glance before looking back at the royal scientist and continuing.
"she can't seem to remember a thing beside her own name."

Alphys turned towards you again, a slightly surprised but also concerned expression on her face.

"R-Really??
You don't remember anything at all?"
Her tone held the same feeling as her face had. You lightly cursed Sans in your head for exposing you like that but you figured others would find out soon enough. Apparently it wasn't often that humans fell down here.

"I don't."
You answered simply with a small sigh. Once again a sad but strange feeling filling you as your mind tried to grasp at nothing again.

Subconsciously though, your hand went to fiddle with the apple pendent on you necklace while you lightly zoned out in thought.

Alphys eyed your movements for a second but quickly dismissed it in order to get back to the conversation.

"M-Maybe you hit your head w-when you fell down here."
She offered lightly for even a temporary explanation in the moment, mulling over the thought a bit more.
"W-We could head over to my l-lab, if you want, for a proper ch-check up to s-see if that's the case."

"Oh, sure, I suppose that couldn't hurt."
You accepted her offer, trying to be hopeful for the best. If anyone down here had a chance at explaining why you couldn't remember anything, a royal scientist seemed more then enough.

"Would y-you mind if we did it another t-time though?
My lab isn't really in the b-best shape for v-visitors at the m-moment."
Alphys added in a more soft tone then she was already speaking with, seemingly nervous.

"I understand, that's fine, no worries."
You reassured her the best you could, not really wanting the go back out in the cold snow again so soon anyways.

"just let us know when a good time to come over would be.
like (Y/N) said, no worries al."
Sans did his part to assure his lizard monster friend about waiting. They weren't in any rush after all.