7. The one thing not to lose

WORD COUNT: 667

Hayat's pov :

I went to treat the other children after the weird meeting with Mr.Rude , as I reached them , the boy who came with his sister yesterday was sobbing , He was the only one , who was a bit strong yesterday . So I was worried and asked him what's the reason he was crying for ? He turned his face away angrily , " these kids nowadays " I thought to myself. They are behaving like adults . I went closer to him and asked him again .it seemed like he was angry on something.

He screamed at me "I hate everyone , I don't need anyone by my side , just leave us alone " . I was shocked at his sudden outburst of emotions .

Oops , "hate is a strong word baby , come on tell me what happened ? " , " maybe I'll be able to help you and stand by your side . come on open up sweet heart ".
As a response ,he told me " my sister's temperature has risen and it never decreased since yesterday , I've given her all the medicines you told me to give her . I prayed a lot for her recovery ,but nothing happened and she's been shivering since yesterday ",  "she's the only family left for me and mama asked me to take good care of her , before she closed her eyes permanently " as he was saying all this ,he was sobbing continuously .

I took him in my arm and hugged him tightly, It was difficult for me to stop my tears , when something like this happens . but I have to stay strong infront of him. I told him that " allah gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers ." When something bad happens, It doesn't mean that he doesn't love us rather it means that he has chosen us over all the people . That's why he is testing us . "

I narrated him a short story on how to see the positive side in everything ,
" once there was a lazy boy who lived with his father , he was very lazy that he always woke up late and never did any work .his father decided to teach him a lesson , so one early morning , he took his son along with him for walking . They saw many birds chirping and a few flying here and there , while one of the bird was eating the worms which were above the soil . His father showed him the bird and told him "see my dear son , the bird which rises early gets it's food easily , whereas the lazy birds won't get their food as the worms will be gone deep down the soil as time passes ." The son replied with a smile "my dear dad , the worm which woke up early and came up to work is dead now , whereas those lazy worms are peacefully sleeping by now " .

As I completed the story , the boy was laughing , and he gave me a kiss . I told that " we have lost many things and we will lose some more , but in all the situation , we shouldn't lose our iman, we shouldn't lose our faith in Allah's plan coz he is the best of planners " he was nodding his head like a good boy . As I stood up to get back home , we heard the adhaan for isha, so we all went to the masjid and joined for prayer .

We made dua for the peace of our place and I got up to leave for home , as it's already dark outside . It took me twenty minutes to reach home , once I got in , Romaisa was dragging me to her room , she was showing me all those things they have purchased for her today . There was happiness in her brown eyes ,which reminded me of mr. Rude . Her brown eyes were similar to those of mr.Rude's eyes . The only difference is that one pair of eyes brings me happiness while the other annoys and confuses me .... maybe that's what i know for now.

With that thought my head hit the pillow for a peaceful sleep.

*******************************************

My dear readers u all are going to love the next chapter , I'll update it soon.

Ps : don't forget that star❤