24 . The Haunting Past

WORD COUNT: 998

Hamza's pov:

Hayat must be really so stupid or she is so into family sentiments . She couldn't forget that she is living in the twentieth century and she is twenty one year old which gives her the right to make her own decision Or maybe she doesn't like me and she was scared to tell that by herself , so she used her brother as a reason . Maybe he would reject me easily . I am not able to control my thoughts , my depressing thoughts , my inferior thoughts. But she liked me , her eyes shone in a different way when I proposed her , her eyes spoke differently than her mouth . They were controversial . Maybe she had a fight with her inner self , a fight between her mind and heart . The same way I had when I recognised that the attraction towards her is not just mere attraction but love , a love that consumed me .

I kept my thoughts at bay and got ready to meet Hayat's brother Rafan as she mentioned him. I showered and dressed myself in white , which gives a look of innocence and purity or maybe it can resemble peace if he tries to kill me . I was eager , anxious and frightened all at the same time. I was taking small steps, as I reached near her home . I have always frightened people and this is new to me. I have spent all my life breaking the doors and windows of houses , but for the first time I am knocking at a door softly .

There was no response when I knocked the door . I expected this "no response" because I myself couldn't hear my knock . I laughed at my situation and knocked the door a bit louder for the second time . A man with blue eyes opened the door . He must be her brother rafan . Those blue eyes make it easy to recognize him . "Assalamu alaikum" I greeted to which I received another "no response" . "what's with blue eyes and this family ? But it makes them look beautiful". I thought to myself . But before I could complete my thoughts , rafan was pointing a fork towards me and before I could analyse the situation , he was screaming "Hayat , aaliya take romaisa with you and go upstairs NOW " .

I couldn't understand what was happening . I was inspecting the environment around us , but there was nothing unusual untill rafan took my collar in his hands . He was strangling my neck . It was hard for me to breathe . I fought with all my strength and freed myself from his grip . I was not able to speak for a minute . He sent me near to death . I coughed continuously , only after which I heard my own voice .

" why are trying to kill me ?" I questioned him with a ragged breath.

"you killer , don't act like an innocent , don't try to stab us in the back like the last time you did ." He was spatting his words.

"I am so sorry rafan , it seems like there is a misunderstanding. This is the first time I am meeting you . How could have I stabbed you in the back ? " I was speaking very politely .

" I don't like to repeat myself again . Don't act like an innocent , I know your intentions well . You have come here to destroy the remaining of my family ." His words were dripping venom .

" actually rafan , if you give me some space , I can explain to you in detali . You are seriously mistaking me for someone".

" how can I mistake the killer of my parents ? The one who destroyed my family . How can I not recognize you ? How can I forgot those fierce brown eyes that was full of hatred ? How can I forget that evil laugh of yours? You killed them thirteen years ago when I was just seven, but I can remember it like yesterday . Your eyes haunt me every night . You are a heartless killer and you could have killed thousands of people. You don't remember them , but we , being the victims can't forget them .My mom was one among them and my family was one among those thousands of families you have destroyed.
If killing a person is not haram in islam , you would be dead by now " . Run away from here before I do something really bad .

On hearing his words , I stumbled, unable to stand on my legs .

" yes , I was an heartless killer mr.rafan , I could have killed a thousand people and destroyed thousands of family. I was evil and full of hatred . I know you are right . But I am not the one who killed your family . " he punched my jaw before I could complete the sentence.

" how dare you ? , do you remember 21st of december 2006 ? " a punch at my right eye. "Do you remember how merry the day was , untill you decided to destroy it ?" This time my left eye was given equal attention . "Do you remember the cry of a lady ? Do you remember how you made our worst nightmare come true? " he left my shirt as he was weeping now .his eyes now showed no sign of hatred . They were hollow and filled with sorrow.

" 21st December 2006 , ya allah , was that your mother and was that little boy you ? I have made a big mistake , no no no .... I have committed a sin , a big crime".

I can feel my tears by now .I was walking back with my head held low. How could I forget that day ? how could I forget that lady ? .

How can I face Hayat now ? I am the reason behind all her misery . How can I be the one who killed her mother ? How terrible am I?

Rafan is not the only one who has not yet recovered from that incident, I can also be included . I too can remember that day like yesterday .

It was 21st December 2006 , I was seven at that time when I killed a person for the first time ......

************************************

First of all forgive me for this late update and then like , comment and share 😂😉.

This chapter was written in a hurry , so pls ignore all the silly mistakes I have made .

Dear readers , I think this chapter is worth the wait , so don't forget to tap the star .❤❤