23 . Knock Knock

WORD COUNT: 659

Hayat's pov :

I was tossing and turning on the bed unable to close my eyes . I couldn't even get a blink of sleep tonight . The confession he made today was continuously replaying on my mind .I was wondering , " how could he love me this much" . I have received many compliments for my eyes , but none like his . He was referring it as ocean . Is it that deep? Only if he could know how much sorrow and misery are buried in these oceans .

He made me feel beautiful , I would be the luckiest person if what he told me today was all true . I shouldn't start to develop feelings for him . But The worst thing about feelings is that it doesn't develop based on our decision rather it makes us change our decision based on it .

I don't know when I fell asleep yesterday . I woke up later than usual , it's because yesterday I slept later than usual . I couldn't open my eyes , my eyelids were too heavy to open . It was like my eyelids are bearing all the sleep I have missed yesterday . I felt like I had a beautiful dream yesterday , but I couldn't even remember a piece of it . but I could tell that It was a happy one . It gave me a beautiful feeling . An unknown happiness and joy .

It was Sunday and rafan was home . We were all cooking together , aaliya was making soup and rice , I was preparing the dessert and salad , while rafan was cleaning the mess romaisa had made . It was much more difficult than cooking for three people. But he was being a great father. He was doing it with a smile . He deserves all this happiness . He had suffered a lot and now it's time for him to live his life .

Today It was raining heavily , so rafan did not go to the masjid for zuhr . We all prayed in our home . Rafan was leading the prayer while myself and  aaliya were praying behind him . We finished our prayers and we all held up our hands with tears in our eyes and asked dua for our people , For peace to return .

we all finished our prayers and had our lunch . It was delicious. We had our perfect family time today . Romaisa was screaming to make us realise her presence which we were ignoring on purpose.

After lunch , rafan was sharing the caramel pudding I made . There was a fight for who gets the piece with more caramel . I fighted for it though I know Rafan will eventually give me the best piece .

Someone was knocking at the door as if to disturb us , as if to remind us that we can't be happy here without any disturbances . Rafan opened the door and Suddenly he turned all white . He was panicking . I have never seen him in such a state .I saw a rage in his eyes . He was burning with anger . He was a new Rafan .

" Hayat , aaliya take romaisa with you and go upstairs NOW " . He was screaming at us emphasizing the word "now" as he was standing at the door pointing the fork towards the person standing outside . I couldn't see the person clearly , rafan was blocking my view .

We were terrified by his actions than the situation . We don't know what is there on the other side of the door . But his reaction was telling me that something really bad was on the other side of the door . There was something terrible outside from which he wants to protect us .

If I keep on assuming things standing here rafan would smash my head .he was in such a state. Aaliya was carrying romaisa with a hand whild dragging me with another to upstairs . She locked the door . We stood there like statues . We were not able to take in what is happening . We have no idea about what is going on downstairs . But something is clearly wrong . ....

************************************