34. Somethings change

WORD COUNT : 932

Hamza's pov:

"I could feel the pressure in the air when you both were under the same roof" . He spoke with a straight face.

I was dumbstuck. My mouth went numb and Words refused to come out of my mouth. Maybe I should tell the truth. If I try to lie , I would blabber something and spoil everything. His gaze was intense. It is powerful and now I can understand why Hayat feared her brother this much.

"Enough , don't think too much , I am a lawyer by profession which means I have lied for more reasons than you have done , which also means that I can find out easily if you lie to my face". He spoke in the same lawyer tone.

"I am not thinking of lying, I am thinking of a way to start ". I told the truth .

"It's simple, don't beat around the bush and come straight to the point , tell me everything clearly".

"When I tell you the thing, you have all the rights to hurt me , but now I'm so weak , so it would be better if you can assure me my safety first".

"This is what exactly "beating around the bush" means , don't try to lighten up the atmosphere . Certain things can't be made less complicated".
This time he spoke like a philosopher.

Okay , I met Hayat at a war camp , where I learnt mercy , kindness , pain of losing a dear one and the value of human life and much more . She was the one who cured me physically and mentally , the one who bought light into my dark life . When I explained this to my parents , they thought I was crazy and they never responded properly , so I approached Hayat first, I proposed to her at her work place which I know is completely inappropriate, but your sister is not the type who would be in a dating app or something like that .only then she told me to ask her brother's permission first , she told me that you are the only relation she had and you are her everything in this world . So I came to your home without having the slightest clue that you are her brother she was referring to , that's why I came to your doorstep to ask for your sister's hand in marriage only to take back my dark past with me and now Hayat knows the truth , which means that she hates me with all her heart which was quite evident by her actions today ".
I breathed after narrating the long story shortly .

"Stop assuming things , Hayat doesn't know the past , I don't want her to feel the pain I feel but at the same time I can't trust you easily , maybe I can think on this , because you have saved Romaisa which makes your statement half believable." He replied with a blank face.

"Yeah mr.Rafan, you can take your own time , actually I never expected this reply from you , I was sure you would respond in negative and that's why I never approached you again and I'm happy to know that Hayat doesn't knows anything , but trust me I won't keep her in the dark , I'll let her know when the time comes".

"I never responded in positive , don't overthink , reach home safely" , with that he waved me a bye .

I could not get the thoughts out of my mind , but I shouldn't overthink as he warned me . I know my future is in safe hands ,the best planner of all has planned it, so I shouldn't stress about it .

Rafan's pov:

I reached home sending Hamza to his. I was shocked after hearing Hamza's revelation but I was more shocked at my own behaviour, I never thought I would suppress the feeling of killing him when he stood near me . But he has changed everything now , maybe saving Romaisa melted my heart.

Hayat and Aaliyah were feeding Romaisa a plate full of rice and chicken , actually they were trying to stuff her with the food she missed for a week. She was at the verge of tears , but they were not ready to leave her .

"Hayat can we have a word seperately ? " I walked towards the guest room without waiting for her reply , I know she would follow me .

"Hayat, by any chance do you know Hamza already?". I asked my baby sister with a stern face .

"Yes Rafan , I know him already" . She replied as if answering to a teacher with the same stern face I have.

"Okayyy, so he proposed to you and you never told me about it , is that true?" I asked the next question.

"Yes Rafan , he proposed to me and I asked him to speak to you , I thought he would , but he didn't, so it's no use speaking of it now".
She replied with some disappointment.

"Why couldn't you have just ignored him or told a no to him rather than directing him to me?" . I questioned rudely .

"There lies my problem Rafan , I just couldn't ignore him like trash and also I couldn't tell no to a person who is nothing , but a stranger to me , and that's why I send him to you, your decision would be mine , it would be easy for me to reject him if you had said no. But before that he himself decided to ignore me".

"Ok Hayat I'm happy to know that you trust me that I'll give you only the best , based on that I'm advising you now to forget him and I'll definitely give you the best ". I hugged her......

************************************

I guess I've written enough for a late update , if not for me , u can atleast give a star to Rafan who is going to make certain beautiful thing happen😁😍😍💕💕