46. Back to work

WORD  COUNT: 864

"Good morning", Hamza woke up Hayat with a peck on her cheek.

"Moorningg", Hayat woke up all pink, believe me it's not that she is shy, it's just the temperature.

Hayat felt like a kid at the thought of going to work after a vacation. It was exciting for a person like her who loved her job and today is the first day she is going to work after her marriage which means that there will be many to bless her and congratulate her. responding to compliments is a nightmare for introverts like her.

"Woke up early, prayed fajr, prepared lunch for both of us which consists of rice and aubergine. Dressed neatly", Hayat checked herself in the mirror twice before leaving.

"Bye Hamza, will try to come home early but I don't know what the situation there demands".

"Don't tell "bye", instead use "see you" honey", Hamza replied with his usually cheesy self.

"Fine , see you Hamza" hayat corrected herself

"Gonna miss you hayati"

"Me too", both waved their hands in the air.

Hayat was greeted with winks and smirks which made her shy and she felt like hiding somewhere but she knows that today is not the day for that .
"Congratulations Hayat,
Congratulations Dr.Hayat,
So how is married life young lady?,
I can see a new light in your face,
How is mr.Hamza treating you?,
You look so beautiful,
I just can't believe that the youngest doctor here got married soon,
where did you go for your honeymoon?,
You have gained some weight.
You should be more responsible dear though you already are,
Are you missing him already?", she received many wishes, compliments, questions, advices and a lot more to which she responded with a smile.

Today was not like any other day.she could not think about anything else other than Hamza and Hamza could not think anything else other than Hayat. Both of them were missing their significant other though it's been only half a day. She missed his humour and he missed her silence, she missed his closeness and he missed her blue eyes. She missed his stares and he missed her glances. Love is all about happiness untill the "missing each other" part comes in. Memories are a blessing, a life savior at the these times. You can keep on playing them in your mind and the fact is we never get bored or tired.

Being a pediatrician is more arduous than it looks from the outside. The kids unlike adults don't give a second thought before asking anything and they will never leave without an answer. They are little children and we are matured adults but at times we don't have the maturity to deal with them , at times we don't have the maturity to answer their childish questions. They make us go blank.

"Dr.Hayat, mom told me that you would not come here?"

"But I'm here Mohamed", hayat laughed with mohamed. He is taking treatment for sinus for over a year and a half.

"Mom said that you are married, you will have your own children so you won't be here to attend us anymore" , he spoke seriously.

Hayat could neither laugh nor cry.she was already shy and his comment did not help her in any way. "No honey, you are my children, so don't worry about it". Hayat blinked her eyes to assure him.

Hamza called her as she sat to eat her lunch. Hayat's heart literally missed a beat. "Assalamu alaikum Hamza"

"Wa alaikum salam honey, so how is your day going?"

"It's going nice, actually better than I thought it would be. What about yours?"

"It's perfectly fine and the lunch was delicious".

"Mmm thank you",the usual awkward reaction for compliments was given perfectly.

"Did you have your lunch?"

"I was going to but then you called", Hayat laughed.

"Fine fine, have your lunch doctor, I thought you would be missing me".

"I do miss you really just like you do".

"I was working on a blue dress and guess what, your blues occupied my mind and I could not concentrate on the dress".

"Haha, very funny, I will try my best to come home early".

"Sure, see you".

"See you".

It was five in the evening when Hayat finished all her work. Time flew by slowly when they are away from each other and it felt the exact opposite when being together.

"I thought I would be welcomed with a tea", Hayat whined on seeing Hamza work.

"Your majesty, I'm so caught up in work, please let me finish this". Hamza bowed down to her laughing.

Hayat is not the only one working. She understood it a bit late but not too late. She freshened up and came with tea for both of them. They sipped the tea in silence without any conversation. Both were exhausted and they preferred the silence which is now a comfortable one.

As promised Hamza made them white sauce pasta for dinner and Hayat could not stop drooling over it.

"Did you like the pasta?"

"How could anyone not like it. It was perfect just like you", Hayat smiled.

"These phrases are mine", Hamza winked.

************************************

Tried something new😊 I have written from the narrator's p.o.v

    Share ur views on this.which one do u people prefer? U can comment or dm me.