Part 19

Billie's POV

As soon as we left Denzel's place, I drove with Zoe to the woods, exactly where I had my car parked the other night with y/n. I wanted to find any sign, hint literally anything, I needed to find where the creepy guy lives. "Ouuuuu self-contained Billie where are you taking me" Zoe laughs while looking at me driving through the woods, "It's an adventure" I reply.

As soon as We arrived in the woods we walked all the way to the lake, and I had all these memories rushing through my head. I wanted to cry but I had to hold myself a little while longer. "Let's play a game zoe," I say to her as she hears me out, "whoever finds a house or any kind of living area, wins", "wins what?" She asks, "Well I don't know yet, just let's do something fun" I reply and she seems to agree. So We split up and started searching around.

after like some minutes she yells my name "Billie, you won't believe what I just found" I ran hurrying to where her voice was. "What Zoe?" I say thrilled as I came across an old wooden house. "This shit looks sketchy as fuck," she says loudly trying to back away. "What!! No zoe let's break-in" I replied laughing at her. Deep down I knew it was the creepy guy's house. "Fine" she smirked and bit her lips, didn't know what that was about but didn't really care, and headed to the front door. "It's locked," she says, so I kicked the doorknob and we basically broke it, "it's not locked anymore" I winked at her. She just kept looking at me in amaze.

As we were entering she asks me "Billie why are we really here?" , I didn't give her any answer just smiled in her face, so she got closer to me, I kept my silence and gazed in her eyes, She then grabs my cheeks and gently kisses my lips. I pushed her away "what the fuck are you doing zoe?". Her eyes were bulging out in distress, She looked so embarrassed like she's done the biggest mistake and I hated seeing her like that, her whole face was red, "omg I thought you brought me here for something else" she stutters.

"No Zoe!! no!!" I whine, "honey I just wanted to play a game, I always knew that there was a creepy house in the woods, and I just wanted to explore it with you, nothing more zoe" I explain myself while I pat her shoulders. " this is so embarrassing, I'm going to leave" she tries heading out.

"No you're staying with me, nothing really happened or changed," I say to her as I held her hand. This was the most awkward I've ever felt in my life, my best friend thought I was into her, I felt so fucked up. I'm kinda confused too, I thought she was crushing on y/n. "Let's just keep looking around for anything interesting," I say trying to break the ice.

So We walk around inspecting every inch of the place. and I decided to go to his bedroom and to my surprise, I found pictures of me and y/n swirling all over the place, like he was spying on us the whole time. I even saw other private shit like our baby pictures, old family pictures that I didn't even know existed. I was in shock, our whole life was exposed in his bedroom. I even found the little car toy I lost when I was 8. My heart started beating so fast, "fuck!! We're dealing with something bigger than we thought" I say under my breath in fright. "Yea" I hear zoe saying behind me, "y'all are" she adds. I just looked at her speechless.

" This why you brought me here right?" She asks. "Why didn't you tell me anything?" She locks her eyes with mine, "you thought I wouldn't believe you?" She kept asking me as tears start filling up in her eyes. "No zoe it's not like that" I tried saying but she walked out, "Zoe!!" I call out her name. "Fuck you Billie, just fucking fuck you man" she yells at me. "I'm sorry zoe but I really don't have time to explain, I'll lose her if I don't find anything soon" I started crying. She turns around and looks at me with empathy, "help me zoe, I don't know what I'll do if I lose her" I cry harder, so she came closer to me And hugs me tightly saying "it's fine Billie we'll find her together".

We started searching the whole place again for literally anything, then I found this phone number written in a piece of paper stuck to the fridge. Zoe dialed it up, and it was ringing but there was no answer. "We should try again later," Zoe suggests, "But I have no fucking patience" I complain. " come on Billie we need to leave it's getting dark" she insists, so we eventually did.

As soon as we arrived home, Denzel was outside with finneas, he had news.

So we the three of us head to my bedroom locking it behind us and sat down to discuss

So we the three of us head to my bedroom locking it behind us and sat down to discuss. "I told zoe everything den so it's fine you can spill out anything," I say to Denzel, " okay bil, I'm going to make this short and say I'm pretty sure he took her to his old house in the south, it's like 10 hours away," he says while showing me his laptop with all the medical history of this creepy guy. "He was a patient in this mental institution, I called them earlier and asked about him, they sent me all this information via email".

"Omg Denzel this is huge, but how'd you manage to convince them?" I ask, " I lied, I told them I'm investigating him since he's a wanted man" he replied.

" I even found this number of his old place but I didn't have the guts to call it without you," he says showing Me the number. I looked at it and realized it was the same number I found earlier with Zoe. "Omg man, we fucking called it before but there was no answer," Zoe exhilarated. "Then I'll search the address of this number, it looks like a landline," Denzel says eagerly.

After a few minutes of him typing and clicking on his laptop, boom, we found an address. " I'm going to get ready now, I don't give a fuck who's with me or not," I say standing up and packing my shit. They just stared at me in surprise but seem to get up and pack with me, some flashlights, knives, ropes, spare clothes. "Zoe you need to head downstairs and convince my mom we are going camping," I say to her. " and you Denzel, we need cash for petrol and other shit along the way, I'll pay you back I promise," I add.

———————————I'm sorry it took a while to write this, but I haven't been feeling good lately 😫Anyways vote this if you like❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️you better leave a comment

———————————
I'm sorry it took a while to write this, but I haven't been feeling good lately 😫
Anyways vote this if you like❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️you better leave a comment