Track 6 : Serendipity

Chapter 6
'The one that broke my heart is back, the one that I hate so much. The one that I loved so stupidly.'
Chapter's song: Serendipity-Jimin of BTS

Park's P.O.V:

Later that evening, after grandma and my parents when to bed I sat on my usual getaway spot on our rooftop.

I started writing the homework I had due, which entailed writing a 3 mins song describing our current emotional state. I decided to continue the song I started two days ago, which I named 'stitches'.I don't know why but it was the best way possible to describe everything I went through emotionally leading to how I feel now.

I was halfway through the song when I heard the screeching of a nearby chair. I looked up and saw my brother pulling a chair and sitting down next to me than handing me a cup of green tea. He sat down staring for a whole minute at the amazing view.

"You know, this is the first time I realize that this place is amazing. I can see why you write songs here  all  the time."

"Remember when I used to call you worried about your whereabouts and then I would find you at our neighbor's roof writing songs for hours?" he asks quietly smiling back at me.

"Ne, I needed a calm place to write. You know, if they told me back then that I would be here, at a rooftop coming up with a song lyric for my homework at M&D I would tell them they're out of their minds!"

He laughed shortly."You never know what life beholds,noona."

"Oh, big words coming from you little brother." I laughed teasingly just as my phone lit up with Mark's name.

"Hey gummy bear, I'm sorry to call you at this hour." I laughed imagining him pouting through the phone.

"Aniyo. Halmoni came today and I spent the whole day with her."

"Wow, I didn't know halmoni is here. It's been so long since I last saw her. I missed her so much. How is she? She's always been very close to me. Please tell her I said hi."

"I'm sure she misses you too, she's staying for a week so you're welcome here anytime!"

He chuckled. "Oh before I forget, there's this huge event that I'm invited to tomorrow and I thought maybe you would like to come, with me? I promise it'll be fun."

"What event?"
Jungkook raised his brow and I shrugged.

"It's related to work, I have a speech I need to make and I'll get bored if I go there alone. Plus, there's a lot of catching up that we need to do."

I pondered over it for a second glancing at my brother that nodded."Fine, I'll go" I laughed worriedly through the phone.

"Daebak! I'll pick you up at 7:00?" We agreed on everything before I hung up.

"Party? Wait, I'm going to a party tomorrow. As a DJ. At the same time." Jungkook exclaimed after I explained the details.

"It can't be the same one right?" I showed him the location that Mark sent me on my phone only to find out that it's the same place.

"All I know is that it's huge. Did he tell you anything else?"
I shook my head.

"So you're going alone?"
He blushed taking a sip of his tea, ignoring me and I sat straighter.
No way. Could it be?

"You are! You're going with IU as a date?"
He ignored me gulping."C'mon, let's get down its getting chilly up here." He stood up changing the subject with a subtle smile.

"Omo, that's amazing. Wait-you like IU? Jungkook!" he rushed back inside ignoring me.

                      ***