Track 17: HeartBeat

CHAPTER 17

Chapter's song: HeartBeat-BTS
Dedication: A major thank you to two of my biggest supporters from the start! winterjoo SunshinePapisdimples

"Is that what you think it really is? That I'm doing all of this for show? "

***

Shin-hye's P.O.V:

I knocked on my brother's bedroom door twice but he clearly didn't hear me over the loud music blasting through his room. He's angry about something that I didn't do on purpose and I'm really not used to not talking to him.
I sighed peeking my head through the door and he was sitting crossed legged on his bed working on his laptop. I sighed again turning down the music.

It was then that he looked up shaking his head. "What are you doing here noona? Can you leave me alone please. I'm not in the mood to talk right now."

I offered him a small smile sitting next to him on the edge of the bed. "Kookie we need to talk-"

"I don't wanna talk right now so please go"

" I'm not leaving until you hear me out loud and clear,"

He arched a brow and I took that as my cue to continue. "I didn't go there to see him if that's what you're thinking. Dad needed some important papers and I had to go there because there was no one home. I saw IU and we were talking when he suddenly came.

He said hi and then he protected me from getting hurt, hurt his back," I stressed "And we landed directly on top of each other. Clearly someone took advantage of that and posted that picture. I don't want you to stay mad at me it really doesn't suit you."

He sat up straight putting the laptop aside. "It really doesn't matter anymore now that everyone saw my sister in that position. Stay away from Kim Taehyung. That guy clearly has done nothing but hurt you and I don't want to see you cry again because of him. You're my sister and I won't allow it. If you don't want me kicking his ass again stay away."

I sighed knowing that he wants the best for me but it hurts nonetheless. "I never knew you would get this protective little brother" I teased but narrowed his eyes going back to his laptop.

"There's nothing going on okay? And you don't need to be worried about me getting hurt. I changed you know. I really did."

"You're my sister and it's my job to make sure you're okay. I won't cause a scene again if that's what you're worried about. Well, unless it's necessary." he teased and I couldn't help but smile as I hugged him.

***

I was walking through the hallways the next day when I heard distant shouts. As I got closer, I immediately recognized the deep voice as Taehyung's. I frowned confused. "Taehyung and Racheal are fighting." Someone said rushing forward.

I quickly followed my heart racing.
Tae was there looking angry with his jaw clenched, his eyes were sharp while shouting at Rachael who looked surprised at the sudden outburst.

"-that you're the one that took that picture of us at the runway and sent it to the whole damn school! There's no point in denying it. It was posted from your instagram account."

I wasn't surprised if she actually did it because I know that she hated me. She thinks I stole him from her but I didn't think that anybody deserved to be shouted at and embarrassed in front of the whole school like that. She looked like she was about to cry.
I've never seen her like that before.