Track 28: Hold on

Chapter song: Hold on- Chord Overstreet
Thank you xExpiredx for this amazing cover!!
I've been receiving a huge amount of support lately and I couldn't be more thankful♡
~~~

Park Shin-hye's POV:

I didn't cry. Now wasn't the time for that. She must've thought that using her methods would stop me from performing but she was wrong.
I searched for my parents in the crowd but there were a large amount of people and students were standing and cheering so it was hard to find them.

I took a steady breath then went back again to class searching for the second time through my bag but there was nothing. Frustrated, I opened my wallet took the money and hurried out.

Taehyung stood practicing with the boys at the far end of the playground. I wanted to ask for help but I couldn't. I might make him late and I couldn't let that happen. He doesn't even have his car today. I hurriedly ran past them then at full speed and made it out of our school's gate. I ran so fast I barely could barely catch my breath.

'We'll always be proud of you' my parent's voice ran through my mind.
I almost tripped checking my phone.

Fifteen minutes left.

I wanted to take the cab home but I didn't have enough money left. I struggled to catch my breath as I saw a bus stop at the other end of the road. I panicked running faster until-

I bumped through a moving car and closed my eyes falling to the ground. The car stopped last minute with a screech of its tires.
I slowly opened my eyes wincing at the sudden shooting pain through my ankle. I tried to touch it but the pain was so bad I groaned closing my eyes.

"Are you okay?" A panicked voice came bending down next to me scanning me for injuries. I looked up to a guy that looked my age or a few years older. In his 20's I guessed. He was tall with a small nose and high cheekbones. His eyes hazel brown with his black hair neatly pushed black. Dressed in grey tailored suit.

"Who runs like that in front of a moving car? Were you trying to get yourself killed?" I looked over at the bus realizing that he already left then glanced at the watch he was wearing.

Ten minutes were left.

"Ottoke!" I cried standing up and almost falling before he slowly held my arms in support.

"You hurt your leg. Get in the car. I'll drive you to the nearest hospital."
I wiped away my tears holding my weight on one leg as I walked past him.

"Can you at least let me drive you to where you're going? From the look on your face, you look like you missed the bus." I stopped in my tracks turning around slowly.
***

"Thank you" I clutched my ID to my chest. I gave his driver our school's address as I begged him to go faster.

"You're in high school?"
I was still looking out of the window anxiously but nodded. He certainly did look like a business man.

"Are you sure you don't want your leg checked? You might have a sprained ankle."

I looked down at my swollen ankle that hurt so badly. "I don't have time." I mumbled ignoring the pain and checking my phone to several messages from Taehyung. He must be worried.

"Park Shin-hye?" I turned around wondering how he knew my name but saw him reading my ID card. I nodded and he stared at me with his mouth in a thin line then nodded with a tense smile.

"Try to be careful next time." he spoke as I got out of the car.

"Thank you again for driving me."
He placed his eyeglasses on with a confident smile. "You owe me for that now." I narrowed my eyes wanting to ask him what he meant. I won't see him again but he closed his window before I get the chance to ask. Only when his car left did I realize his face looked familiar.