Track 19: Your Side of the Bed

'How can you hurt someone you really love?'
Chapter's song: Your Side of the Bed- Loote
~~~
Shin-hye's POV:

I was gathering my hair up in a ponytail when my phone rang. I shut my bathroom door as I rushed out and grabbed it. Taehyung.

Why is he calling now? Calm down, just answer like you don't care if he's calling or not.
I pace back and forth by ponytail swinging with the phone still ringing in my hand before I finally sit by the window. I take a deep breath before I answer. "Yoboseyo."

"Shin-hye. How are you?" His voice is so deep and husky like he just woke up.

"I'm fine ,actually."

Actually? Oh god now I'm sounding like an idiot.

"I just called to ask what we're gonna do about our project that's due on Monday."

"Of course ." I mutter and I swear I can hear him laugh under his breath.

"Why don't we practice separately? I mean you could practice alone while I'll practice with Jimin."

He goes all quiet on me for a second. "Tae you there?"

He cleares his throat. "Ne. I'll work out the mash up and I'll send it you."

"Umm okay. Ahh or you could umm give it to me at the party? Because I'll need some time to mash up our parts." I reason getting up and setting on the bed with chubby on my lap.

"Wait- you're going? But you were feeling sick. You sure you're okay now?" his voice sounded worried and a bit lower.

"Ne, I feel really better today and Racheal insisted I come. IU also really wants to see what the party looks like." I mentally face palm myself. Why am I explaining myself?

"With that gum bear?" His voice was slightly louder.

"His name is Mark, Taehyung."

"I have to go now. I'll see you there." He mutters under his breath before hanging up. I stare at my phone for a second before it hits me.

I'll see you there? He said that. But Suga is going with Racheal...then he's going alone?

***

I got dressed and entered the kitchen and mom was already placing pancakes on the plates with dad drinking his usual black coffee while reading the newspaper. Jungkook was texting on his phone and I'm guessing IU, of course. I smile at that thought as they all looked up upon hearing chubby barking cutely. I placed him on the floor and he directly went to kookie's leg and barked. Kookie smiled and picked him up cooing at its cuteness.

"Annyeong." I greet sitting down.

My mom smiles warmly greeting me back. "How's school kido? Is your brother causing any more trouble I should know of?" Dad demands glanci g from above his newspapers. Jungkook glares at me in warning. I laugh under my breath raising a brow teasingly.

"Ani, he's surprisingly not." Dad lets out a relaxed sigh and pats him on his shoulder.

"Do you have work today, sweetie?" Mom asks handing me the plate. I place some nutella on top of it.

"Ani eomma, I'm just going with IU and Jungkook to a friend's birthday party."

"IU... kookie's girlfriend? That girl is so sweet .It would be nice if you could invite her to dinner sometime." Mum adds giving me the my-son-is-in-love smile while wiggling her eyebrows.

Jungkook shifts in his seat clearing his throat. "Eomma." he groans embarrassed.

"Boya? I didn't say anything. Oh and before I forget your father and I are going out for dinner tonight" I smile widely with a nod. They really need a break after their nonstop work all week long.