Track 13: Empty Space

CHAPTER 13

'Walking away from him felt like walking away from home. Too distant. Too lonely. Painful.'

Chapter's song: Empty Space-James Arthur

PARK'S P.O.V:

"Shin-hye.Watch out!" Racheal shouts.
No, she did not turn into 'MOTHER TERASA' overnight but it so happens to be that we're on the same volleyball team.
I quickly turn around just in time to dodge the ball that came crashing straight in ny direction .I groaned hating myself for having to attend PE class and hating volleyball equally.
I'm just not the sports type.

"Shin-hye, focus on the ball." I winced at Mrs. Krystal's loud voice but nonetheless nodded.

I turned my head into the game as not to be shouted at again. I saw the ball flying towards us and I quickly dodged it and it landed directly on the ground which got us a goal. I was surprised still wondering if it was really me who scored us a goal.
It took me a minute to realize that it was the winning goal. We all cheered happily and Racheal high fived me while jumping and squealing, she quickly realized what she did in the spare of the moment then glared with eyes narrowed and turned around her ponytail swinging along with her.

I quickly made my way into the locker rooms and took a quick shower before changing back into my school uniform. I was worn out and my legs were sore. I quickly managed to dry my hair with a towel and pull it up in a bun as I searched for my elastic band only to realize that I didn't have my backpack.

I made my way to the bleachers grabbing my bag just in time to see some of the girls sitting there squealing and awing at the boys playing. I looked over the basketball ground and there Taehyung was, throwing the ball into the net. It entered perfectly and his team mates cheered along with girls of course who were screaming Tae's names over and over again He stood there exhausted as he ran a hand through his hair.
My heart fluttered at his eyes glistening against the blazing sun and I remembered the time back when he gave me his jersey to wear on his game and everyone was shocked because he never gave it to any other girl before.

He was laughing with his friends when his eyes traveled my way as he caught me staring. He was surprised for a second but then he smiled softly. He stood like that and I found it hard to breathe. A girl came out of nowhere and started laughing as she talked to him. I had to look away before I walked away.

***

"So about yesterday," I barely heard his voice over the loud voices in the cafeteria. The students were very excited to know who's gonna be a part of the musical.

"Ughhh. Here I thought that you forgot." I pouted in J-Hopes direction.

"Wait, he drove you here?" Jimin added putting his juice box down.

"It's not what you're thinking. It-It just happened that he saw me waiting for the bus. I don't know... I guess he felt bad for me. Nothing more, nothing less."

"The whole school is talking about that. Students saw you together. I just don't trust him anymore"

"Guys, there's nothing going on and will never be, after everything. Anywayyy, Subject change. I don't want my brother knowing about this."

"Knowing about what Shin-hye?" I yelped hearing my brother's voice right behind me. I turned around slowly.

What am I going to say now. Think park. Act normal.

I smiled trying to keep a neutral face "Ahh, nothing?"

J-hope quickly came to my rescue and I wish he didn't. "We were simply talking about the runway that will be tomorrow. I was convincing her to come with me there."