Track 29: Come out and Play

Chapter 29

"I don't care if you didn't want to ask for my help. I would've helped anyways."

Chapter's song: come out and play -Billie Eilish
                          ~~~
Shin-hye's P.O.V:

"Please allow me to welcome Mr. Bang PD on stage to announce the results!" Taehyung gave my hand a tiny squeeze and I looked up at him with a soft smile.

Mrs. Kim shook hands with Mr. Bang before standing next to him.

"Annyeong everyone. It was a pleasure to be your guest on such an important competition."
I closed my eyes in prayer as he went on explaining what made every school's performance stand out.
Hobi stood next to me breathing heavily and I hugged him around the waist with an encouraging smile.

"The first school group making it through and that will be joining us in the next month's final is...Samuel High" They screamed in excitement and hugged as he gave the name of the other school's group too.
There was only one group left and I was barely able to stand any longer. Tae seemed to notice that and reached down for my hand linking it through his.

"The last group and I must admit were really outstanding are...M&D academy." I stood rooted in place trying to comprehend what I just heard until everyone broke in excited screams and hugs. I cried in joy as the students erupted in screams and applause.

"We made it!" Racheal jumped hugging Hobi in a daze but they were quick to pull away and frown.
We came in for group hug and our school teacher's came up on stage and congratulated us. Jungkook came carrying me over his shoulder and twirling me around as Mum and dad laughed loudly with tears in their eyes.

"You did great." I heard Mrs. Kim tell Taehyung from beside me with a tap on his shoulder. Not a hug, only a tap before closing the show.
                               ***

"Seollenda Me Likey. Me Likey Likey Likey" Jin, Jimin and Hobi sang while shaking their lower body and I couldn't help but laugh loudly at how happy they appeared.
It's been so long since we've all been this relaxed.
I'm so glad Racheal suggested a Karaoke night as a celebration for our win. It's been almost half an hour with them still singing.

"Suga, wake up already!" Racheal nudged him from beside me and he mumbled something inaudible in his sleep. He had his legs all over the couch with one hand covering his face. He slowly woke up, looked around in a bored stare then headed to the bathroom.
She took a sip of her drink then  dropped her head on the table in surrender. My phone beeped with a message from Jungkook.
Drove IU home. Don't be late noona.

"If it isn't M&D Academy!"
Racheal and I looked up from our crackers to Samuel High's group standing at our table with a sarcastic smile. Racheal crossed her hands over her chest. I shook my head.
A girl with short black hair and two other boys, the one I saw earlier in red and the other in wavy blonde sat at our table without being asked to.

"What do you want?" Racheal glared.

"Yah, are you always this mean? Don't you feel the need to congratulate us on our win?" The girl smirked and the boys next to her laughed but Racheal and I glanced at each other knowingly.
The boys were too busy dancing and Taehyung was on his phone.

"It isn't like we didn't win too and we'll still meet in the finals, won't we? Better prepare for that. We won't play nice next time." Racheal spoke with her signature nonchalant smile and I had to admit I liked her for standing up for us.

"That's why I think we should be friends. I'm Jane." She offered her hand for a handshake and we sighed in irritation before finally shaking her hand. Her two other team mates came with drinks and offered us some but I shook my head 'no'.