Track 31: This Love

Chapter 31

"You really thought I'd leave you? Never."

Chapter's song: This love- Camila Cabello

Park Shin-hye's POV:

A week has passed, the toughest and most torturous week of my life.
With our plays finals so close and final exams, everything was getting so hard to endure but I never gave up. I would practice dancing every day and singing every night until my throat hurt to the point where I was so tired wanting nothing other than sleep.

"Aish, I can finally enjoy my food. I'm starving." IU places her plate down on the cafeteria table then sits down.
My brother sits down too next to her while Hobi and Jimin start teasing him as usual.

"How did your exam go?" she asks covering her mouth as she swallows.
"Ahh, it went great. I was worried all week about it. Aish, I feel so relieved now"
I look over at my brother that's busy discussing something with the boys. He seemed to get over losing his job and even told me that he wanted to look for another similar one but I still noticed the dark circles under his eyes and the way he didn't want to make me feel like it's my fault in any way.

IU nudged me when everyone was busy arguing over dance moves. "Yah, did you apply for the job you told me about?"

After leaving the catering event like I did, I was bound to lose my job. IU tried talking to our manager but she had her mind set and I knew she was right.

I shook my head. "Not yet. I think I might go afterschool."

"I'll go with you" She smiled and I nodded thanking her with a sideway hug.

"Mind if we join?" I looked up to Jin smiling widely while wiggling his eyebrows, his plate in hand and the other around Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung glared at him as Jin pushed him to stay in place.
I swallowed the pain as I met his gaze. He was wearing a dark yellow beanie that covered his mullet black hair with his oversized hoodie placed over his head. His eyes roamed my face before he looked away swallowing hard with jaw clenched. The look on his face is enough to break my heart.

My gaze drops to my plate as Jimin insisted they sit down and they finally did with Taehyung facing me.

IU glanced at me and I offered a wary smile tucking my hair behind my ears. She understood but Jungkook seemed to look at her wondering what we were talking about. He knew that I had to leave him and convinced me that I shouldn't which left me surprised.

"We were just discussing our parts," Jimin explained.

"When I finish my swirl and turn around, you are supposed to come in and dance your part," he kept explaining how our dance went like while I glanced at Tae only to find him already staring at me through his sooty lashes. He was quick to look away and focus on their conversation.

And I understood. I understood that he had every reason to hate me for walking out of our relationship. We would pass through each other in the hallway without even talking. Like we were just strangers.

He would sit behind me at class and I would long for his teasing and jokes. Practice would go buy with him singing his part separately and walking out even though we were supposed to practice as a duo. I had to bring myself to understand all of it.

I chewed slowly and then suddenly my appetite vanished.

"And that's were Suga and Racheal's part come in, where are they anyway?" Hobi added wiggling his brows while looking around while Tae was chewing slowly on his food staring quietly out of the window.

"They were assigned to do the final checks on our customs." Jimin answered placing his juice bottle down.

"What part will you be singing, noona?" Jungkook asked when everyone was silent and I wet my lips.
My part was with Taehyung but we were practicing separately. He thought that's what I wanted in the first place so he gave me that. I had to remind myself that everything I was doing was right.