Track 34: Stupid

Chapter song: Stupid- Tate Mcrae
Park Shin-hye's POV:

A day before the finals New York

Our plane finally landed in New York and I spent the whole flight with my head resting on Tae's shoulder while he whispered in encouragement about how we'll do amazingly. It made everything I'm scared of vanish away like water drops.

Rachel and I were checked into our rooms with the bellboy holding our bags at our side. We wanted nothing but to fall straight on bed.

"I'm in the room opposite you? Blame my luck", Jane from Samuel High complained from behind us while slipping the room key through the door. "Please don't keep me up with your awful vocals."

"The only thing that will keep you up is thinking about what you'll have to pull off to beat us tomorrow." I snapped, already tired of her attitude and Racheal whistled proudly.

"I wanted to put you in place but Shin Hye over here did that." We both smiled before heading to our room and shutting the door behind us. "I'm so proud of you. My attitude is finally starting to grow on you."
I laughed a little under my breath, setting my suitcase on the bed just as my phone beeped 'Went out with Jin to meet an old friend.
We'll be back in an hour. I have a surprise for you.

After changing into a white floral dress, I keptmy hair down with a white headband. It was really warm in the hotel that it almost felt like summer. I grabbed my phone, ready to head out when Racheal walks in from the balcony. She's been taking selfies for the past hour.
"Where are you going? We have practice!" She whined.

"I have to go to the lobby to call my parents. I won't-" A knock followed at the door and I opened it to J-hope standing dressed in a casual denim jacket and a grey beanie.

"Hobi is here, maybe you could practice together while I'm out." They stared at each other for a whole minute before they broke into a frenzy. Speaking at the same time while waving their hands and I had to cover my ears.

"Alright, I guess you'll be fine."

"Shin Hye, you aren't leaving me alone with the evil queen of Gangnam!"

"Guess she is."

***

"Deh Eomma. I'm alright. How are you spending your time?" I smiled at my mother telling me about her plan for dinner with Jimin's parents. "The paly will be aired live at the school's website.You won't miss a thing." I consolee her and she released a relaxed sigh before Jungkook called her over and she ended the phone call.
I turned around deciding to head back to my room when I noticed someone familiar. He had his back to me while speaking to a girl my age. She had long beautiful blonde hair and a sharp jaw.
I smiled a little wishing it was him when he slowly turned around, Mark. His gaze found mine and he narrowed his eyes with a surprised while then rushed and engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug. I tapped his back with a soft smile then noticed the way the girl in blue eyes frown sadly so I pulled away.

"I'll be at the pool." She said, voice low then walked away.

"I didn't expect to see you here. Finals at the play?" He asked when we sat down at an indoor restaurant then ordered two plates of black noodles.

"What are you doing here?"

He smiled a little. "We're investing in this hotel and my father asked me to take care of that." His blonde hair has grown into a mullet and dark circles covered his under eyes. I felt so bad for him. He must be overworking himself.

"How's everything been going for you Gummy bear?"

"Everything's fine." I managed with a smile and he narrowed his eyes knowing me too well. The food was set and we both dug in while he stole from my plate per usual. Nothing has changed.