track 5: End Game

Chapter 5
Chapter song: End Game_Taylor Swift

"I stopped needing him the day he broke everything apart."
                               ---

Park's P.O.V:

I kept tossing around in bed trying to sleep but failing miserably at it.

Taehyung's back.

Those two words kept repeating themselves in my head over and over again. Several questions swirling in my head.

Why is he back now when everything is back to normal? Didn't he do enough already?

I sat up and pulled off my blanket flipping my bedside light on.
Every time I convince myself I'm over him he comes back crashing the walls I've been building and tearing my heart into a million pieces in the process.

I tried so hard to get used to his absence pushing away the memories. I always wonder what happened to us. We were once perfect but everything's burned to ashes now. He turned his back on me- on us- like we never shared a thing.
I grab my lyrics notebook and pencil from my bedside table and sit at the window sill staring at the stars in the blanket of the night. I suddenly have urge to write.

Memories come crashing back and I pour my heart out.

'I thought that I've been hurt before but no one's ever left me quite this sore.'

I write down then sigh heavily closing my notebook shut.
What version of him is back? The one that I helplessly fell in love with or the one that shattered me apart.

***

"Wake up . We have some grocery shopping to do." I groaned and pulled the blanket tighter over my head.

"Arrasso Eomma, five more minutes." I hear a loud laugh that echoed through the walls of my silent room . I slowly opened my eyes to find my little brother standing with his arms on his waist and my two best friends sitting casually on the couch.

"Yaa, what are you all doing here?"

"It's 9:00 am Noona. Jiminie here is gonna drive us." J-hope exclaimed loudly jumping excitedly on my bed then out of nowhere Jiminie started tickling me playfully.

"Yaa." I barely spoke between laughs.

"I'll keep tickling you if you don't get up right now!" Jiminy teased mischievously.

"Fine.Fine. I'm awake now. See? My eyes are open." I added raising my hands.
They rolled their eyes and made their way downstairs slamming the door on their way.

"Yaa, it's my door!"
I quickly hopped into the hot shower, brushed my teeth, and quickly opened my closet contemplating what to wear. I decided on a denim skirt and a black hoodie. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail with a cute headband and added a little lip-gloss. I grabbed my phone and backpack before exiting out and shutting the door.

*****

The ride to Hongdae market usually takes about fifteen minutes. It's one of the largest and oldest traditional markets here.
Jiminie was in the driving seat of his range rover changing the radio stations. Kookie sat in the front seat checking his phone while I was in the back seat next to J-hope.

It was a sunny day so we opened the window feeling the soft breeze against our skin. The street was super crowded and we were stuck in the long traffic. Then our favorite song 'End-Game' by Taylor swift and Ed-Sheran came up blasting through the radio. Jiminie directly turned the volume up and we all started humming to the song excitedly.