Chapter 22

"Lucious POV"

2 weeks later...

11:02 am

So today Taraji is exactly 7 months and 3 weeks along and we're planning a surprise baby shower for her. With the help of both our family members I managed to keep it under wraps since I want her to be surprised since I told her the other night that baby showers are underrated.

I know, I'm an asshole right? Well I'm not, that was part of the plan all along.

Taraji has been complaining about those contractions I can't remember what its called but I know they're to prepare women for labour or something like that.

So we decided that today would be a good day for a baby shower since the weather is beautiful and everyone is off of work since its a Saturday.

Right now I'm helping my mom along with Taraji's and our siblings set up at this beautiful venue we picked out. My mom suggested we rent this huge hall that's been totally closed off already for privacy purposes and it looks amazing. Now we're just setting up some last minute arrangements.

Kylie and Shameeka along with the help of my baby girl Zoe is with Taraji getting pampered and my queen doesn't know why yet.

Zoe promises me not to run her mouth and I just hope she keeps her promise.

"Mama where do I put this?" Kurt came in carrying a crate of glasses that we might need.

"Just put it in the kitchen dear, we don't need anymore the tables have already been set." She said and he nodded before walking off

The place is decked out with white and gold all over since nobody knows the genders yet.

The only ones that knows are Shameeka and Kylie since Taraji and I wanted them to be the babies godmothers and they were so happy when we asked them.

Not even our mothers know the genders, so they'll be really emotional later on when they find out that there'll be a mini Taraji and Lucious running around next year this time around.

"Okay so everything is ready now?" I asked and they stood back and smiled at me

"Yes everything is perfect Lucious." My mom said as she came over and hugged me

"Awe I want a hug too, this is so sweet Lucious. She won't see this coming at all." Mama Sheila came over and joined in on the hug

I held both women in my arms and I felt myself getting emotional.

"Hey can I ask you something?" I asked and they looked up at me

"What is it now boy?" My mom

"You think I should wait a while or propose later today?" I asked them and they looked at me kind of surprised I asked that

"You want to marry my baby." Mama Sheila got emotional as she smiled at me

"Mama I've wanted to marry her since that interview in my office and I found out it was my Penda." I confessed and my mom awed at me

"Baby I think you should follow your heart, but then again why not surprise her with a proposal too. She'd love that and it would be unexpected." My mom advised me and I nodded